Lists of tourist attractions in England
There are very few surviving Anglo-Saxon buildings in England, however countless artefacts from the age can be seen in museums across the country.
London's National Gallery and Tate Modern both received in excess of 4.7 million visitors in 2009. Other notable English art galleries include the National Portrait Gallery, Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool, Saatchi Gallery, Manchester Art Gallery, Tate St Ives and the Walker Art Gallery.
England, being part of the island of Great Britain, has many beaches. The nation's favourites are often cited as being in Devon and Cornwall although the northern towns of Blackpool and Scarborough are also famed seaside resorts. Other notable beaches in England include Chesil Beach, Fistral Beach and the beaches of the Jurassic Coast.
England is not famed for its casinos, but other forms of betting are popular throughout the country.
The Tower of London is the most visited castle in England (with 2,389,548 visitors in 2009). Leeds Castle, Dover Castle, Windsor Castle, Lindisfarne Castle and Warwick Castle are also amongst England's more notable castles.
There are festivals and carnivals year-round in the UK, catering to every possible music and cultural genre. The Notting Hill Carnival is the second largest street festival in the world; the Carnaval del Pueblo is Europe's largest celebration of Latin American culture; whilst events such as Creamfields, V Festival, Glastonbury Festival and the Reading and Leeds Festivals tend to attract younger generations.
- Gardens in England
- Heritage railways in England
- Hill forts in England
- Historic houses in England
- Indoor Arenas in England
- Market towns in England
- Monuments and memorials in England
- Museums in England
- National parks in England
- Nature reserves in England
- Palaces in England
- Parks in England
- Piers in England
- Prehistoric sites in England
- Roman sites in England
- Seaside resorts in England
- Shopping centres in England
- Stadiums in England
- Zoos in England
- Tourism in England
- Economy of England
- Transport in England
- Lists of tourist attractions
- List of tourist attractions in the Isle of Wight
- List of tourist attractions in Kent
- List of tourist attractions in London
- List of tourist attractions in Oxford
- List of tourist attractions in Sheffield
- List of tourist attractions in Somerset
- "VISITS MADE IN 2009 TO VISITOR ATTRACTIONS IN MEMBERSHIP WITH ALVA". Association of Leading Visitor Attractions. Archived from the original on 31 October 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- "The twenty best beaches in the UK". London: The Independent. 14 July 2007. Retrieved 22 May 2010.