Mayor of Waitakere
The Mayor of Waitakere was the head of the former municipal government of Waitakere City, New Zealand, and presided over the Waitakere City Council. The city was New Zealand's fifth largest, and was part of the Auckland region. There were only two mayors of Waitakere City: Assid Corban, 1989–92; and Bob Harvey, 1992–2010. On 1 November 2010, Waitakere City became a part of the Auckland Council.
The city was formed by the amalgamation of Waitemata City with the boroughs of Henderson, New Lynn, and Glen Eden in the 1989 re-organisation of local government. On 1 November 2010, the city council was abolished, and the area was incorporated into the Auckland Council, coming under the leadership of the Mayor of Auckland, Len Brown.
- Henderson Ward (4 councillors)
- Massey Ward (4 councillors)
- New Lynn Ward (4 councillors)
- Waitakere Ward (2 councillors)
List of Mayors of Waitakere
- Waitakere City Council (May 2010). "Cultural Wellbeing Strategy for Waitakere" (PDF). Strategic Direction for Waitakere. Waitakere, New Zealand: Waitakere City Council. Title page. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Cr Assid Corban". Waitakere City. Archived from the original on 25 May 2010. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Résumé of Mayor Bob Harvey". Waitakere City. Archived from the original on 25 May 2010. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Choe, Kim (8 October 2010). "Bob Harvey set to hang up mayoral chains". 3 News. Auckland, New Zealand: MediaWorks. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Brown to rule Auckland, Wellington holds breath for winner". Otago Daily Times. 10 October 2010. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- "Councillors". Waitakere City: Waitakere City Council. Archived from the original on 20 July 2010. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- Waitakere City Council (18 June 2009). "Local Governance Statement" (PDF). Waitakere, New Zealand: Waitakere City Council. p. 7. Retrieved 1 July 2012.