|Date of birth||7 September 1983|
|Place of birth||Caferli Köyü, Şefaatli, Yozgat, Turkey|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Right Midfielder, Right back
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19 December 2015
Mehmet Topuz (born 7 September 1983) is a Turkish football midfield player, who plays for Fenerbahçe. Topuz had begun his career in Yolspor, a local club in Kayseri. He joined Kayserispor after spelling almost 3 years at that club. He has been given several Golden Man of the Month awards which are presented monthly and supported by Turkey Heart Foundation. His successful league appearances attracted the bigger clubs of Turkey. However, Kayserispor Board strongly asserted that they will not let him go and supported their intentions to keep him in the club by advertising on billboards. Afterwards, he extended his contract with the club, eventually becoming the team Captain.
He has been linked with Spanish side Valencia in May 2008. He played total of 6 games for Kayserispor in European competitions and scored 2 goals during their UEFA Intertoto Cup Campaign in the 2006 season, in which they became the first team from Turkey to win the competition. Kayserispor qualified for the UEFA Cup and lost 4–3 on aggregate against AZ in the second round. In 2007–08 season, he played 2 games in UEFA Cup qualification, in which Kayserispor lost against Paris Saint-Germain 2–1 on aggregate. After playing 5 years for Kayserispor, he became one of the finest Turkish talents during his time and eventually moved to Turkish giants Fenerbahçe in 2009 for a fee of €9 million + Gökhan Emreciksin following a lengthy transfer battle with fellow rival giants Beşiktaş in which he wore the Beşiktaş jersey after agreeing terms with the club. However the transfer failed when Fenerbahçe secured the deal by arranging an agreement with his club Kayserispor, making him one of the most expensive internal Turkish transfers. He scored his first goal against Twente in the first group game of UEFA Europa League from a freekick at 71st minute. Although this game tied the score, Twente scored another goal 6 minutes later, and sealed a 1–2 win in Istanbul.
- As of 1 September 2016
|Turkey national team|
- "Şubat Ayının Altın Adamı Mehmet Topuz" (in Turkish). netbul.com. Retrieved 2005-05-12.
- "Altın Adam Mehmet Topuz" (in Turkish). spor3.com. 01-04-2008. Retrieved 2008-05-12. Check date values in:
- "Altın adam Mehmet Topuz!" (in Turkish). ajansspor.com. 01-04-2008. Retrieved 2008-05-12. Check date values in:
- "Kayseri'den Bilbordlu Tepki" (in Turkish). gazetespor.com. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "Kayserispor`dan büyüklere afişli tepki" (in Turkish). tumgazeteler.com. 2007-06-25. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "Topuz işi uzattı!" (in Turkish). milliyet.com.tr. 07-04-2005. Retrieved 2008-05-12. Check date values in:
- "Valencia Mehmet Topuz'un peşinde" (in Turkish). sabah.com.tr. 02-05-2008. Retrieved 2008-05-12. Check date values in: