In late 2013 the Tor anonymity network saw a very sudden and significant increase in users, from 800,000 daily to more than 5,000,000. A botnet was suspected and fingers pointed at Mevade. Trend Micro reported that its Smart Protection Network saw a tor module being distributed to Mevade Trojans.
- Command and control (malware)
- Gameover ZeuS
- Operation Tovar
- Timeline of computer viruses and worms
- Tiny Banker Trojan
- Zeus (malware)
- Zombie (computer science)
- Debbie Cohen-Abravanel (November 6, 2013). "Mevade Botnet Attacking Enterprises & Governments".
- "Massive spike of Tor users caused by Mevade botnet". Archived 2014-01-06 at the Wayback Machine.
|This malware-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|