Myakka City, Florida
Myakka City (also Miakka, Miakka City, or Myakka) is an unincorporated community in southeastern Manatee County, Florida, United States. It lies along State Road 70 near the city of Bradenton, the county seat of Manatee County. Its elevation is 43 feet (13 m), and it is located at Coordinates: (27.3497671, -82.1614780). Although Myakka is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 34251; the ZCTA for ZIP code 34251 had a population of 6,351 at the 2010 census. up from 4,239 in 2000.
- Mayaca (tribe), which uses a variant spelling but is pronounced the same as Myakka
- Port Mayaca, Florida, a settlement on the eastern shore of Lake Okeechobee
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 25.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Myakka City, Florida
- Zip Code Lookup
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Manatee County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Grimes, David (Nov 23, 1979). "The Legends Behind Manatee Names". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. pp. 3B. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
|This article about a location in Manatee County, Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|