|The Very Reverend
Michael Stanley Till
|Dean of Winchester|
|Born||19 November 1935|
|Died||4 December 2012|
|Religion||Church of England|
He was educated at Lincoln College, Oxford and ordained in 1965. He began his career with a curacy at St John's, St John's Wood, (1964-1967) after which he became first Chaplain and then, from 1970 till 1981, Dean and a Fellow at King's College, Cambridge. During this time he was instrumental in the founding of Linkline, the student-run Nightline for Cambridge University and Anglia Ruskin University students, including providing the organisation with its first office to operate out of. In 1981 he was appointed Vicar of All Saints', Fulham, and, from 1984, Area Dean of Hammersmith. He was Archdeacon of Canterbury (1986–1996) before his elevation to the Winchester Deanery.
He retired to Petworth and died suddenly on 4 December 2012.
His marriage to Tessa Roskill took place in 1965 and produced two recorded children.
- Official announcement of resignation
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Photo of church
- Crockford's Clerical Directory2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- "Dean Emeritus Michael Till". Winchester Cathedral. 2012-11-27. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- Who's Who 2001: London, A & C Black ISBN 978-0-7136-5432-5
|Church of England titles|
Trevor Randall Beeson
|Dean of Winchester
1996 – 2005
James Edgar Atwell