|Born||October 1, 1958|
Montebello, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
Bauer also starred in the pornographic film Cafe Flesh (1982) under the name of Pia Snow. She states that she was happy to appear in the film, and on the covers of other X-rated films, but insisted on a double for the sex scenes. Bauer appeared in several other pornographic titles under her Pia Snow moniker, including Bad Girls, Bizarre People, Nightdreams, and others.
Bauer's Penthouse centerfold appearance led to acting for the Playboy Channel and a film try-out for director Fred Olen Ray. Ray liked her audition, and offered her the part if she would be willing to dye her hair black. Her first B-movie was The Tomb (1986), it would be the first of many. Along with Linnea Quigley and Brinke Stevens, Bauer became the most prominent B-movie scream queens in the late 1980s.
Her life and career are one of the main subjects of the 2011 documentary Screaming in High Heels: The Rise and Fall of the Scream Queen Era by director Jason Paul Collum.
Bauer is her married name, from her first husband. After they divorced, he filed a lawsuit requesting she not use it for her films. She tried appearing as Michelle McClellen, using the name of her second husband, in Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988), but the press resisted, so she returned to Bauer, which the first husband eventually accepted.
- Bad Girls (1981)
- Nightdreams (1981)
- Café Flesh (1982)
- Homework (1982)
- Terror on Tape (1983)
- Special Request (1984)
- Tied & Tickled (1985)
- Tomboy (1985)
- Cavegirl (1985)
- Beverly Hills Girls (1986)
- Reform School Girls (1986)
- The Tomb (1986)
- Lust for Freedom (1987)
- Terror Night (1987)
- Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988)
- Demonwarp (1988)
- Nightmare Sisters (1988)
- Death Row Diner (1988)
- Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
- Beverly Hills Vamp (1988)
- Dr. Alien (1989)
- Assault of the Party Nerds (1989)
- Virgin High (1991)
- Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge (1991)
- Camp Fear (1991)
- Evil Toons (1992)
- Naked Instinct (1993)
- Dinosaur Island (1994)
- Red Lips (1995)
- Bikini Drive In (1995)
- Vampire Vixens from Venus (1995)
- Assault of the Party Nerds Part 2: Heavy Petting Detective (1995)
- Attack of the 60 Foot Centerfold (1995)
- Mari-Cookie and the Killer Tarantula in 8 Legs to Love You (1998)
- Lust for Frankenstein (1998)
- Blood and Honor (2000)
- Tomb of the Werewolf (2004)
- The Naked Monster (2005)
- The Bikini Escort Company (2006)
- Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust (2008)
- 1313: Actor Slash Model (2011)
- 1313: Cougar Cult (2012)
- 1313: Bermuda Triangle (2012)
- The Trouble With Barry (2013)
- Jones, Stephen (2000). The Essential Monster Movie Guide: A Century of Creature Features on Film, Tv and Video. Billboard Books. p. 69. ISBN 9780823079360. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- "Cafe Flesh (1982)" film review by Alan Jones, BBC Radio Times. Retrieved 2007-09-25. (Dead link)
- Washington, Julie E. (31 March 2000). "I SCREAM YOU SCREAM WE ALL SCREAM FOR SCREAM QUEENS". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- Butler, Robert W. (12 August 2004). "She reigns as scream queen of B movies". Chicago Tribune. Knight Ridder/Tribune News. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- "Michelle Bauer" Archived 2006-10-30 at the Wayback Machine, interviews by Frederick C. Szebin and Catherine Carson, Femme Fatales, April 22, 1995. Archived at PicPal's Michelle Bauer Home Page. Retrieved 2007-09-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michelle Bauer.|