This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mike Marciano is a two-time Grammy Award-winning audio engineer and multi-platinum and gold record award recipient who started his career in 1980, working exclusively at Systems Two Recording Studio in Brooklyn, New York. Early in his career, he worked with many well-known rock and heavy metal groups, including Type O Negative, Carnivore, Agnostic Front, Life of Agony. Many of his hardcore and metal credits are noted in Encyclopaedia Metallum. His work with Type O Negative was used in multiple movie soundtracks and other media. Since the early 90s, he has worked with some of the top musicians in the jazz field, including jazz greats like Wynton Marsalis (and his Grammy-nominated “Joe Cool’s Blues”), Clark Terry, Elvin Jones, and Steve Coleman. His work with Don Braden was used as the theme song for Cosby.
In 2011, he received his first Grammy Award for Best Jazz Vocal Album "The Mosaic Project" by Terri Lynne Carrington. Then, in 2013 he received his second Grammy Award for Best Jazz Instrumental Album, "Money Jungle-Provocative in Blue," by Terri Lynne Carrington. His work on "Impromptu" by the Rodriguez Brothers was nominated for a Grammy award in 2016. His work on Madera Latino by Brian Lynch was also nominated for a Grammy in 2017.
He continues his career at Systems Two Recording Studio recording, mixing, and mastering jazz albums.
Gold and Platinum RIAA Certified Awards
- Mortal Kombat Soundtrack (Cert. Platinum 1996)
- Howard Stern - Private Parts (Cert. Platinum 1997)
- Bloody Kisses (Cert. Gold 1995, Cert. Platinum 2000)
- October Rust (Cert. Gold 2000)
- Nativity in Black - A Tribute to Black Sabbath (Cert. Gold 2000)
- After Dark DVD (Cert. Gold 2000)
Recorded Work Used On Movie Soundtracks
- Bride of Chucky ("Love You To Death" by Type O Negative)
- Freddy vs. Jason ("We Were Electrocute" by Type O Negative)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer ("Summer Breeze" by Type O Negative)
- Howard Stern - Private Parts ("Pictures of Matchstick Men" by Ozzy Osbourne with Type O Negative)
- Mortal Kombat ("Blood and Fire" by Type O Negative)
- The Blair Witch Project ("Haunted" by Type O Negative)
- Nosferatu (Type O Negative Compilation)
- Descent 2
Recorded Work Used in Other Media
- Cosby (theme song)
- Descent (video game)
- Descent II - The Vertigo Series
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- The Darkness
- NASCAR: Crank It Up
- Happened, Happening by Yuying Hsu : Golden Melody Award for Best Instrumental Recording Album - Technical Category
- "Mike Marciano - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". www.metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- "Michael Marciano | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- "Mike Marciano | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?content_selector=gold-platinum-searchable-database# Archived 2014-08-30 at the Wayback Machine