February 26, 1985 |
Takikawa, Hokkaido, Japan
|Associated acts||Morning Musume|
Miki Shōji (庄司 美貴 Shōji Miki) (born February 26, 1985), professionally known by her birth name of Miki Fujimoto (藤本 美貴 Fujimoto Miki), and nicknamed Mikitty, is a Japanese pop singer and television actress. After failing the audition to join girl group Morning Musume with the fourth generation members, Fujimoto debuted as a solo artist within Hello! Project in 2002 with the single "Aenai Nagai Nichiyōbi". Fujimoto later joined Morning Musume in 2003 along with the sixth generation and eventually became the leader of the group in 2007.
Early work: 2002–2003
Fujimoto originally started out as a solo singer in 2002 under the idol family Hello! Project, becoming the first of six members to debut under Hello! Project after losing a Morning Musume audition. She is often called by fans as Aya Matsuura's rival, but in fact, they are the best of friends. After a successful performance on the music program on New Year's Eve, "Kōhaku Uta Gassen", producer Tsunku added her to Morning Musume as a sixth generation member in 2003. At the time, she was the 3rd oldest person to join the group, as she was nearly 18 years old, although with the addition of Chinese member, Junjun, she is now the 4th oldest. She is also one of five members to debut as a part of the Hello! Project before joining Morning Musume (the others being Eighth Generation member Linlin, Ninth Generation member Mizuki Fukumura, Tenth Generation member Haruka Kudo, and Eleventh Generation member Sakura Oda, who were all part of Hello! Pro Egg prior to joining Morning Musume).
She sang many of the lead lines in Morning Musume songs, especially after Natsumi Abe's graduation. She and fellow Morning Musume member Asami Konno were also lent to Country Musume, a group that features "Country Girls from Hokkaidō", such as Miki and Asami (the group has been known, however, to include members not from the rural island—such as former featured singers Rika Ishikawa and Miuna Saito).
In October 2002, she was placed in the one-shot unit, Gomattou with two other prominent pop soloists under Hello! Project, Maki Goto (a former Morning Musume member), and Aya Matsuura. She was also in Hello! Project Shuffle groups Odoru 11, 11Water, H.P. All Stars and Sexy Otonajan.
On June 15, 2006 it was announced that Fujimoto and Aya Matsuura would join together in a new Hello! Project duo called GAM. Their debut single was released on September 13, 2006, and after two other singles, their debut LP was released on May 23, 2007.
On April 23, 2008, Fujimoto released a collaboration single, "Okitegami" (置き手紙 lit. Leftover Letter), featuring Takao Horiuchi. In fall of 2008, Fujimoto played the part of Rizzo in the fall musical, Grease.
In March 2009, Fujimoto announced her engagement to Tomoharu Shōji and graduated from Hello! Project. Fujimoto and Shoji married on July 3, 2009 in Hawaii. On March 27, 2012, Fujimoto gave birth to the couple's first child, a son.
Outside of her career as a performer, Miki has opened a chain of yakiniku restaurants in Japan. The first Yakinuku Mikitei opened on her 26th birthday, February 26, 2011 to much success. Three more restaurants were opened. The restaurant chain was short-lived, and closed on June 29, 2012 following various incidents.
On August 1, 2015, Fujimoto gave birth to the couple's second child, a daughter.
On May 24, 2007, Fujimoto was featured in the Japanese gossip magazine Friday pictured walking with Tomoharu Shōji, a member of the comedy duo Shinagawa Shōji. Friday explained that they had a two-hour dinner together, drove to Fujimoto's apartment, then went to the sauna, returning to Shōji's apartment just after midnight. It soon became apparent that she was to be involved in a scandal that would jeopardize her position in Morning Musume. After seeing the article, Up-Front Agency had no intention to deal with the situation since there was no proof of them dating. On the May 26, 2007 edition of Young Town Doyōbi (a radio show with Ai Takahashi, Fujimoto and Sanma Akashiya), she confirmed that the pictures were of her, and that she had been going out with Tomoharu Shōji. She also mentioned that she spoke to the head of Up-Front Agency, Naoki Yamazaki, about the situation. On June 1, 2007, Fujimoto resigned from her position in Morning Musume. She continued with GAM and remained contracted with Hello! Project and Up-Front Agency.
Fujimoto had an extensive fan base, which includes a group of people generally deemed "Mowota", an abbreviation of Morning Musume Otaku, who, while not literally worshipping her, often go to more extreme behaviors to display their affection towards Fujimoto. This group, called "Tokai Woters", generally performs a fixed choreography at concerts and on certain TV occasions. This choreography, carried to the sound of Miki's "Romantic Ukare Mode", involves a series of moves accompanied by their chanting "Mikitty!" four times, which is then followed by "Miki-sama! Miki-sama, please punish me!" (美貴様美貴様お仕置きキボンヌ Miki-sama Miki-sama oshioki kibonnu).
Discography and releases
|Title||Release date||First week sales||Total sales|
|Title||Release date||First week sales||Total sales|
|"Aenai Nagai Nichiyōbi" (会えない長い日曜日)||2002-03-13||25,610||43,670|
|"Sotto Kuchizukete Gyutto Dakishimete" (そっと口づけてギュッと抱きしめて)||2002-06-12||24,730||40,450|
|"Romantic Ukare Mode" (ロマンティック浮かれモード)||2002-09-04||38,490||62,000|
|"Boyfriend" (ボーイフレンド)||a 2002-11-07||36,290||48,555|
|"Boogie Train '03" (ブギートレイン'03)||2003-02-05||37,410||50,737|
|"Okitegami" (置き手紙 lit. Leftover Letter)||2008-04-23||5,771||22,889|
|Fujimoto Single M Clips 1 (藤本シングルMクリップス①)||2002-10-02|
|Alo! Hello Fujimoto Miki (アロハロ！藤本美貴)||2003-04-25|
|Fujimoto Miki First Live Tour 2003 Spring: Miki 1 (藤本美貴 First Live Tour 2003 Spring ～Miki①～)||2003-06-18|
|Title||Release date||Publisher||ISBN||Photobook information|
|Ayaya to Mikitty (アヤヤとミキティ Ayaya and Mikitty)||2003-04-11||Wani Books||ISBN 4-8470-2761-2||Photobook with Aya Matsuura.|
|Alo Hello! Fujimoto Miki (アロハロ!藤本美貴写真集)||2003-04-22||Kadokawa Shoten||ISBN 4-04-853590-0||First solo photobook.|
|Mikitty (藤本美貴写真集 「Mikitty」)||2004-01-24||Wani Books||ISBN 4-8470-2793-0||Second solo photobook.|
|Real 226 (藤本美貴写真集「リアル226」)||2005-02-25||Wani Books||ISBN 4-8470-2846-5||Third solo photobook.|
|Cheri (藤本美貴写真集「cheri（シェリー）」)||2005-12-17||Wani Books||ISBN 4-8470-2905-4||Fourth solo photobook.|
|Coeur (藤本美貴写真集「COEUR」)||2006-11-25||Wani Books||ISBN 4-8470-2972-0||Fifth solo photobook.|
- 2003 – 17sai ~Tabidachi no Futari~ (17才～旅立ちのふたり～)
- 2002 – Tenshi no Utagoe: Shōnibyōtō no Kiseki (天使の歌声～小児病棟の奇跡～)
- 2004 – Shinshun Wide Jidaigeki: Ryuuma ga Yuku (新春ワイド時代劇 竜馬がゆく)
- 2009 – Daremo Mamorenai (誰も守れない)
- 2009 – Reset Dai 6wa "Kazoku no Futatsu no Wakaremichi" (RESET第６話『家族の二つの分かれ道』)
- 2008 – Hakana "Itoshi no Hakana" yori (HAKANA「いとしの儚」より）～)
- 2002–2003 – Fujimoto Miki Heart Days Radio (藤本美貴 ハート・デイズ・レディオ)
- 2002–2007 – Fujimoto Miki no Dokimiki Night (藤本美貴のドキ♥みきNight)
- 2004–2007 – Young Town Dōyōbi (ヤングタウン土曜日)
- ラブラブ庄司＆ミキティ ノロケ全開 . Kibo Shimbun (in Japanese). Daily Sports Online. 2009-07-13. Archived from the original on 2010-09-21. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- 庄司＆ミキティ「朝、彼が横に寝ているだけで幸せ」 . Natasha Inc (in Japanese). Natalie. 2009-11-27. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "Miki Fujimoto wins defamation case". Tokyograph. August 30, 2009.
- "New Unit GAM Formed" (in Japanese). helloproject.com. 2006-06-20. Archived from the original on 2008-05-10.
- "Fujimoto Miki to release new single". hello-online.org. 2008-02-13.
- "Fujimoto Miki to play Rizzo in the musical, "Grease"". Hello!Online. 2008-06-07. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "幸せ♥♡ ("Happy")". Miki Fujimoto's Blog. March 27, 2012. Ameba. (in Japanese)
- "藤本美貴さんの「焼肉美貴亭」がいつの間にか閉店していたッ！ | ロケットニュース24". Rocketnews24.com. 2012-06-24. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Miki Fujimoto Announces Birth of Second Child". Nihongogo. August 2015.
- "TV Guide Japan" (in Japanese). tvguide.or.jp. 2007-05-24. Archived from the original on 2007-05-22. Retrieved 2007-05-26.
- "Hello!Online - Fujimoto Miki 'Friday'd'". hello-online.org. 2007-05-24.
- "Hello!Online episode summary". hello-online.org. 2007-05-26.
- "Nikkan Sports News" (in Japanese). nikkansports.com. 2007-06-01. Archived from the original on 2007-06-03.
- "Yahoo! Japan News" (in Japanese). headlines.yahoo.co.jp. 2007-06-01.[permanent dead link]
- "Hello!Online - Fujimoto Miki leaves Morning Musume". hello-online.net. 2007-06-01.
- Fans worshipping to Fujimoto Miki's Romantic Ukare Mode
- Fans at University of Tokyo worshipping to Fujimoto Miki's Romantic Ukare Mode Accessed 19 July 2008
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miki Fujimoto.|
- old/official Hello! Project profile
- J.P ROOM Inc official site
- Miki Fujimoto Official Blog
- Miki Fujimoto on IMDb
- Hello! Project Stats[permanent dead link]
- Yankinuki Mikitei company website
|Leader of Morning Musume
|Sub-leader of Morning Musume