April 11, 1991|
Zama, Kanagawa, Japan
Japanese idol, singer, actress
|Associated acts||Hello! Project (Hello Pro Egg, Ongaku Gatas, Gatas Brilhantes H.P., Petitmoni V, Hello! Project Mobekimasu)|
Erina Mano (真野恵里菜 Mano Erina, born April 11, 1991) is a Japanese idol singer and actress formerly associated with Hello! Project. She joined in 2006 as a member of Hello Pro Egg, as a trainee. In 2007, she became a member of the Hello! Project futsal team Gatas Brilhantes H.P. and its musical group Ongaku Gatas. On March 29, 2008 she started a solo music career, working under the management and promotion of J.P Room, and later under Just Production. She continued on Hello! Project until 2013, and is now doing solo music projects as well as acting in films and shows.
- 1 Life and career
- 2 Personal life
- 3 Activities outside Japan
- 4 Discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Awards
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Life and career
Mano Erina joined Hello! Project as a Hello! Pro Egg in 2006 after passing the Up-Front Group "Egg" Audition. In 2007, she was one of the six members of the Hello! Pro Egg to be added to Ongaku Gatas and became a reserve player for the Gatas Brilhantes H.P. club. She graduated from Ongaku Gatas on March 2, 2008 and Hello! Pro Egg on March 29, 2008 to debut as a soloist. On June 29, 2008 she released her debut indie, "Manopiano". She has been featured as the opening act in various of her Senpai's concerts (Natsumi Abe, Morning Musume, Berryz Kobo and Cute), starting in August 2008.
Having received piano lessons since kindergarten, Mano's solo work within Hello! Project prominently features her playing the piano parts of her musical releases and providing the vocal and piano parts of her songs while performing in concerts and at live events. In 2008, Mano released three singles under an independent label.
She has debuted under a major label Hachama with the single "Otome no Inori", released on March 18, 2009. It reached a number three position on the Oricon charts the first day of release and reached number five on the weekly chart. In 2009, Erina was announced as being one of the members of the new version of Pucchi Moni. Mano's songs are usually composed by KAN. Aya Matsuura has told her via a video comment in April 2009 that she "...needs to be the best singer in H!P, and in order to do that, she'll need to be a better singer than Ai Takahashi."
Mano, along with S/mileage and Morning Musume will star in the CS-Fuji TV-TWO dorama Half Esper which will begin broadcasting in January 2010. Mano's role is a half-trained esper that left a secret government esper research organization known as Kokueken, without being able to fully control her supernatural powers. In 2010 as well, the TBS drama Mano Spy will begin, where Mano plays herself, under the fictional premise that she's an undercover agent. She's sent to Japan as a spy for the Queen of England, and ends up passing an idol audition, so she has trouble with her espionage duties. The theme song of the show is "Matsuge no Saki ni Kimi ga Iru" (from Mano's first album). The show will begin streaming on the internet on January 26 and will be broadcast on BS-TBS on February 27.
She also was in a new drama called DEATH GAME PARK.
On July 1, 2010, Mano made her US debut in Los Angeles. Kai-Ki: Tales of Terror from Tokyo, a Japanese horror film in which she starred and had its world premiere at Club Nokia. She also had a short mini concert, a mini Q and A, and an autograph session for the fans who attended the event.
In 2011, Mano Erina's radio show, "Mano-Deli", was replaced by Morning Musume 9th gen member Sayashi Riho's "Riho-Deli" Also in 2011, it was announced that Mano would star in a short film called "Miyuki's Wind Bell".
In 2011 she had her another solo concert named, Mano Erina’s Concert Tour 2011〜Hatachi no Otome 801DAYS.
In July she made a public appearance at South Korea to attend the Puchon International Fantastic Film which would film her movie.
On April 18, it was announced that she, Yajima Maimi, Suzuki Airi, and Okai Chisato will star in a new stage play, Theatre In The Round. On November 30, it was announced that she would be joining the M-Line fanclub in March 2013.
On February 19, it was announced she would be starring in TV Tokyo's drama Minna! ESPer Dayo!. On February 23, she released the photobook "Mano na no" and graduated from Hello! Project. On July 25, it was announced she'd be starring in the drama "Nijushi no Hitomi", which is her first prime time drama. On August 18, Mano appeared on the cover of the magazine Nini-Funi. On December 6, her manager announced that she would appear in a new drama, SHARK in January 2014. starring Johnnies Jr.
On January 31, it was announced Mano will have a concert, "Again ~ Live House de Moetsukiyou!~” (June 2014), her first concert since her graduation from Hello! Project.
Activities outside Japan
On July 1, 2010, she gave her first appearance outside Japan, at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, for her movie debut, Kai-Ki: Tales of Horror. Mano sang two songs before the screening and held a Q&A and autograph session for her fans. In July 2011, she made her second appearance outside Japan in South Korea.
|1||"Mano Piano" (マノピアノ)||June 29, 2008|
|2||"Lucky Aura" (ラッキーオーラ)||October 5, 2008|
|3||"LaLaLa-SoSoSo" (ラララ・ソソソ)||December 12, 2008|
|1||"Otome no Inori" (乙女の祈り, "Girl's Prayer")||March 18, 2009|
|2||"Hajimete no Keiken" (はじめての経験, "My First Experience")||May 20, 2009|
|3||"Sekai wa Summer Party" (世界はサマー・パーティ, "Worldwide Summer Party")||July 29, 2009|
|4||"Kono Mune no Tokimeki o" (この胸のときめきを, "The Beating of This Chest")||September 30, 2009|
|5||"Love & Peace = Paradise" (Love & Peace = パラダイス)||November 25, 2009|
|6||"Haru no Arashi" (春の嵐, "Spring Storm")||February 24, 2010|
|7||"Onegai Dakara..." (お願いだから..., "So Please...")||May 12, 2010|
|8||"Genkimono de Ikō!" (元気者で行こう!, "Let's Go Cheerfully!")||September 15, 2010|
|9||"Seishun no Serenade" (青春のセレナーデ, "Youth's Serenade")||January 26, 2011|
|10||"My Days for You"||June 29, 2011|
|11||"Doki Doki Baby/Tasogare Kousaten" (ドキドキベイビー／黄昏交差点, "Heart Pounding Baby/Twilight Intersection")"||February 22, 2012|
|12||"Song for the Date" (Song for the DATE)||June 27, 2012|
|13||"Next My Self" (NEXT MY SELF)||December 12, 2012|
|Bekimasu (ベキマス)||"Makeruna Wasshoi!" (負けるな わっしょい！)||August 6, 2011 (digital)|
December 21, 2011 (CD single)
|Hello! Project Mobekimasu (ハロー！プロジェクト モベキマス)||"Busu ni Naranai Tetsugaku" (ブスにならない哲学)||November 16, 2011|
|1||FRIENDS||December 16, 2009|
|2||MORE FRIENDS||November 24, 2010|
|3||More Friends Over||March 28, 2012|
|Show||Start date||End date||Station|
|Pocky 4 Sisters! (ポッキーフォーシスターズ! Pokkii Fō Shisutaazu)||December 27, 2008||BS-i|
|Tokyo Shōjo (東京少女, lit. Tokyo Girl)||February 7, 2009||February 28, 2009||BS-i|
|Koisuru Seiza (恋する星座)||April 6, 2009||June 25, 2009||BS-i|
|Hanbun Esper (半分エスパー) "Half ESPer"||January, 2010||March 19, 2010||Fuji Television two(CS)|
(ONLY episode#7 as Satori)
|October, 2010||December, 2010||TBS|
|SPEC Special Episode~SHOH(#10)||April 1, 2012||TBS|
|Minna! ESPer Dayo! (みんな！エスパーだよ！)||April 12, 2013||July 5, 2013||TV Tokyo|
|Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu
|October 11, 2016||December 20, 2016||TBS|
|Kono Yo ni Tayasui Shigoto wa Nai (この世にたやすい仕事はない)||April 6, 2017||May 25, 2017||NHK|
|Show||Start date||End date||Station|
|Berikyū! (ベリキュー!)||March 31, 2008||October 3, 2009||TV Tokyo|
|Yorosen! (よろセン!)||October 6, 2008||March 27, 2009||TV Tokyo|
- Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max - Nadeshiko Misaki
- Waga Haha no Ki ~ Chronicle of My Mother (2012, as Sadayo the maid)
- Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie War Ultimatum - Nadeshiko Misaki
- The Next Generation -Patlabor- (2014, 2015) as Akira Izumino
- Tag (2015) – Izumi
- Orange (2015)
- Anonymous Noise (2017) as Miou Suguri
- The 100th Love with You (2017)
- Kids on the Slope (2018) as Yurika Fukahori
- Impossibility Defense (2018) as Yū Kimura
- Ao no Kaerimichi (2018)
- Bleach (2018) as Orihime Inoue
Japan Gold Disc Awards
|2010||Erina Mano||Best 5 New Artists||Won|
- ハロー！プロジェクトからのお知らせ (in Japanese). Hello! Project. March 2, 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-03-03. Retrieved December 25, 2008.
- "Fujimoto, Ogawa, Mano under new management". Hello!Online. October 28, 2008. Retrieved December 25, 2008.
- "真野恵里菜、柴崎岳との結婚発表「笑顔あふれる家庭を」 真野は芸能活動継続". Sponichi. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Oricon Weekly Chart" (in Japanese). Oricon Style. Archived from the original on 2009-05-28.
- "Billboard Japan Hot 100" (in Japanese). Billboard. Archived from the original on 2009-05-28.
- "Haru no Arashi" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. Archived from the original on 2009-12-05.
- "Onegai Dakara... [HMV]" (in Japanese).
- "Genkimono de Ikō!" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. Archived from the original on 2010-10-05.
- "Seishun no Serenade" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. Archived from the original on 2011-08-31.
- "My Days for You" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. Archived from the original on 2011-09-05.
- ドキドキベイビー／黄昏交差点 (in Japanese). Hello! Project. Archived from the original on 2014-02-01.
- ＭＯＲＥ ＦＲＩＥＮＤＳ（仮） 真野恵里菜 (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Pocky Street: Pocky 4 Sisters!" (in Japanese). Ezaki Glico. Archived from the original on February 7, 2009. Retrieved February 7, 2009.
- "BS-i Pocky 4 Sisters!" (in Japanese). BS-i. Archived from the original on January 27, 2009. Retrieved February 7, 2009.
- "BS-i Tokyo Girl: Story" (in Japanese). BS-i. Archived from the original on January 29, 2009. Retrieved February 7, 2009.
- "News from the Staff" (in Japanese). Erina Mano Official Blog. March 9, 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-03-12.
- "SPEC Official web" (in Japanese). TBS. October 2010.
- "cast_20" (in Japanese). TBS.
- "TV Tokyo Official Site of the drama" (in Japanese). TV Tokyo Official Site.
- http://www.wagahaha.jp/ Official web main
- http://www.wagahaha.jp/cast.html#bridge Official web cast
- "Gold Disc Official Page for The Award". Gold Disc official site. 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "RIAJ (Recording Industry Association of Japan) Page With List Of Winners". RIAJ. 2010.
- "Oricon.jp Article About Winners of The Award". Oricon Inc. 2010-02-24.