Millfield High School
|Millfield Science & Performing Arts College|
|Department for Education URN||119714 Tables|
|Head teacher||Nicola Regan|
|Age||11 to 16|
Millfield Science and Performing Arts College (known as Millfield High School until 2005) is a mixed comprehensive school located in Thornton, Lancashire, England. Millfield has around 800 pupils, aged 11 to 16. Its head teacher is Mrs N Regan. It also changes its motto every 5 years. As the previous motto "Success For All" was created in 2006 the school have come up with a new motto "Creating Bright Futures".
It was also school of the year for 2013 in the Evening Gazette.
The school gained specialist college status in 2005. Millfield consists:
- A Block (the original buildings) - which houses French, Spanish, Arts, Technology (systems and control, resistant materials and food studies), I.C.T, Drama, Dance, Canteen, Offices, Medical room, Media studies and Performing Arts
- B, C and D Block (the tower block) - which houses Biology, Chemistry, Physics and French.
- F Block (the southern block) - which houses Geography, History, Religious Education, Citizenship the Libraries and P.S.H.E
- H Block (the northern block downstairs) - which houses Maths and Learning Support
- J Block (the northern block upstairs) - which houses both English Language and English Literature.
The school has a large field, two tarmac playgrounds and sports hall for P.E sessions and for use by the school sport clubs. .
|This Lancashire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|