Minami-Saitama District, Saitama
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Minamisaitama District, Saitama)
Towns and villages
- November 3, 1954
- The town of Iwatsuki gained city status.
- The town of Koshigaya was created by merging with 2 towns and 8 villages.
- January 1, 1955 - The town of Washinomiya merged with the village of Sakurada from Kitakatsushika District to form the town of Washinomiya in Kitakatsushika District.
- July 20, 1955 - The villages of Momoki and Suka merged to form the town of Miyashiro.
- August 1, 1955 - The village of Kawayanagi merged into the town of Soka in Kitaadachi District (now the city of Soka).
- November 3, 1955 - Parts of the town of Soka in Kitaadachi District merged into the town of Koshigaya.
- January 1, 1956 - Parts of the city of Iwatsuki merged into the town of Hasuda.
- September 28, 1956
- Parts of the village of Hachijo merged with the villages of Yawata and Shiodomari to form the village of Yashio.
- The remaining parts of Hachijo merged into the town of Soka in Kitaadachi District.
- November 3, 1958 - The town of Koshigaya gained city status.
- October 1, 1964 - The village of Yashio gained town status.
- October 1, 1971 - The town of Kuki gained city status.
- January 15, 1972 - The town of Yashio gained city status.
- October 1, 1972 - The town of Hasuda gained city status.
- March 23, 2010 - The town of Shōbu, along with the towns of Kurihashi and Washimiya, both from Kitakatsushika District, merged with the city of Kuki to form the new city of Kuki.
- October 1, 2012 - The town of Shiraoka gained city status. This leaves Minami Saitama District with one municipality.
- 白岡町：来年１０月１日、白岡市発足へ 町議会が可決 by Mainichi Shimbun, December 9, 2011(Japanese)
|This Saitama Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|