Minhas Craft Brewery
|Type||Craft brewery – alcoholic beverages|
|Location||Monroe, Wisconsin, US|
|Opened||1845 (formerly Joseph Huber Brewing Company)|
|Other products||Soda, Alcopops, Liquor|
|Owned by||Ravinder Minhas & Manjit Minhas|
Divisions of Minhas Brewery
|Distribution||Across Canada, the U.S. and 16 other countries worldwide (including: Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, England, Finland, Guam, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Panama and Trinidad)|
|Tasting||Tours & tastings offered daily|
Boxer Gluten Free
Boxer Apple Ale
Boxer Moscow Mule
Boxer Hard Root Beer
Mountain Crest Classic Lager
Clear Creek Ice
Lazy Mutt Chocolate Stout
Lazy Mutt Double IPA
Lazy Mutt So Cal IPA
Lazy Mutt Traditional IPA
Lazy Mutt Strong Ale
Lazy Mutt Belgian White Ale
Lazy Mutt Alberta Wheat Ale
Lazy Mutt Authentic IPA
Lazy Mutt Alberta Brown Ale
Lazy Mutt Alberta Red Ale
Lazy Mutt Farmhouse Ale
Minhas Swiss Style Amber
Axehead Malt Liquor
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Shandy|
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Oktoberfest
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Winter Bock
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Wet Hopped IPA
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Pumpkin Ale
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Hazelnut Dark
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Hefeweizen
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Chocolate Cherry
Lazy Mutt Seasonal Alcoholic Ginger Beer
Bad Hare Autumn Ale|
Bad Hare Blonde Ale
Bad Hare Rum Ale
Bad Hare Scotch Ale
Bad Hare Bock Light
Bad Hare Oatmeal Stout
Bad Hare Espresso Stout
Bad Hare White Chocolate
Uptown Girl Premium Light
Uptown Girl Cherry Belgian Red
Uptown Girl Strawberry Blond
Kirkland Kirkland Signature Light
Simpler Times Pilsner
Simpler Times Lager
Boatswain H.L.V. Ale
The Minhas Craft Brewery is located in Monroe, Wisconsin, owned by brother and sister, Ravinder and Manjit Minhas. It is the Midwest's oldest brewery and the second oldest in the United States. It survived the Great Depression, Prohibition and a fire. It is currently the 13th largest craft brewery in America.
The Minhas Craft Brewery is a craft brewery. They produce a variety of over 233 beers, spirits, liqueurs and wines. Their products are shipped across Canada, the U.S. and 16 other countries worldwide (including: Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, England, Finland, Guam, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Panama and Trinidad). The facility offers daily brewery tours and beer tastings. It also houses the largest brewery memorabilia museum in the United States.
This brewery is one of the alcohol manufacturing companies owned by the Minhas siblings – collectively designated as Minhas Brewery- that generate more than $155 million in revenue annually. The other companies in the under the Minhas Brewery umbrella are: Minhas Micro Brewery in Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Minhas Distillery in Monroe, WI; and Pizza Brew Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Minhas Craft Brewery opened in 1845 as the Monroe Brewing Company under the ownership of Mr. Bissinger. Since opening the brewery and property ownership changed hands ten times until the Minhas Siblings purchased it in 2006. Prior to the Minhas purchase the brewery was known as Joseph Huber Brewing Company upon acquisition Ravinder and Manjit Minhas changed the name to the Minhas Craft Brewery.
Minhas Craft Brewery packages beer, soda and alcopops in 236 mL, 355 mL, 473 mL and 710 mL aluminum cans; 207 mL, 330 mL, 650 mL and 1,183 mL glass bottles, and a variety of polyethylene terephthalate bottles.
Among the most well-known beers and malt beverages produced at Minhas Craft Brewery are:
Varieties include Lager, Light, Blonde, Gluten Free, Ice, Watermelon, Apple Ale, Bubbly, Moscow Mule, and Hard Root Beer.
Varieties include Farmhouse Ale, Gluten Free, Oktoberfest, Shandy, Alcoholic Ginger, Hefeweizen, Chocolate Cherry, Hazelnut Dark, Pumpkin Ale, Wet Hopped IPA, Winter Bock, Traditional IPA, So Cal IPA, American IPA, Belgian White Ale, and Strong Ale.
Varieties include Autumn Ale, Blonde Ale, Rum Ale, Rye Ale, Scotch Ale, Bock Light, Oatmeal Stout, Espresso Stout, and White Chocolate.
Varieties include Premium Light, Cherry Belgian Red, and Strawberry Blonde.
Minhas Craft Brewery also produces Mountain Crest Classic Lager, Kirkland Signature Light, Simpler Times Pilsner, Huber Bock, 1845 Pils, Boatswain H.L.V. Ale, Minhas Swiss Style Amber, Axe Head Malt Liquor and Imperial Jack.
Minhas is the private label bottler of the Costco Brand Beer.
- Minhas Brewery
- Minhas Distillery
- Minhas Micro Brewery
- Pizza Brew Restaurant
- Minhas Private Label & Contract Packaging
- Tom, Daykin. "Crafting Success: Canadian firm brews new life into Monroe's old Huber Brewing". Journal Sentinel Online. Archived from the original on September 18, 2015. Retrieved September 30, 2007.
- Snider, Mike. "Yuengling ousts Boston Beer as top U.S. craft brewery". USA Today. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- "Huber Brewing through the years". The Capital Times. April 29, 2004. Retrieved April 29, 2004 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Brewers Association Releases Top 50 Breweries of 2017". Brewers Association. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- "Minhas Craft Brewery Home Page". Minhas Craft Brewery Website.
- "Minhas Craft Brewery". RateBeer. RateBeer LLC. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- Pachner, Joanna. "Manjit Minhas is the biggest beer baron you've never heard of- yet". Canadian Business. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Manjit MInhas Founder of the 10th Largest Brewery in the World, Co-Star of CBC's Dragons' Den". Lavin Agency Website.
- "Private & Custom Label, White Label, Contract Packaging". Minhas Brewery Website.
- "Minhas Brewery". Wisconsin Brewery Tours Website.
- "World of Beer museum opens in Monroe, Wis". Modern Brewery Age. June 25, 2010. Retrieved June 25, 2010 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Truman, Nancy. "Dragons' Den adds Snapsaves creator Michele Romanow, Minhas Breweries' founder Manjit Minhas". Financial Post. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- Adams, Barry (October 6, 2006). "Huber brewery now called Minhas". Wisconsin State Journal. Retrieved October 6, 2006 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))