|Education||Bachelor in Mass Media (2013)|
|Occupation||Actress, Singer, Youtuber|
Mithila Palkar is an Indian actress known for her characters in the TV series Girl in the City and Netflix's Little Things. She rose to prominence in March 2016 with her version of the "cup song" inspired by Anna Kendrick's cup song from Pitch Perfect. Titled Hi Chal Turu Turu, Mithila's cup song went viral on YouTube with more than 4 million views.
Mithila made her acting debut in the year 2014 through a short film Majha Honeymoon, which was showcased in the 16th Mumbai Film Festival. In Bollywood, her first film was Nikhil Advani's Katti-Batti, in which she played the role of Imran Khan's sister. She also sang a song called "Maharashtra Desha" in association with Bhartiya Digital Party (BhaDiPa) which was released on 1 May 2016 on YouTube, on the occasion of Maharashtra day.
After completing her graduation from Aadarsh Vidyalaya in the year 2013, Mithila gave her first audition to Quasar Padamsee of Quasar Theatre Productions (QTP). The audition didn't get her the role but Quasar gave her a backstage job which was to manage their Thespo theatre festival. Her first big break in the Indian film industry came in June 2014, when she auditioned for the role of Imran Khan's sister in Katti Batti and got selected. The film didn't do well but she got noticed and got offers to act in advertisements of Maggi, Tata Tea and Zomato. After a short period of time, Dhruv Sehgal, who met Mithila at Thespo (QTP's annual theatre festival), asked her to give an audition for Filter Copy's new satire show on YouTube called News Darshan. She not only succeeded in that audition but also went on to do her first web series called Girl in the city for Bindass and a number of YouTube videos for Pocket Aces including a web series known as Little Things with Dhruv Sehgal, which achieved a lot of popularity and was also published as a book by Penguin Random House. Netflix purchased the franchise of Little Things and its Season 2 premiered in Netflix on October 5, 2018. In June 2017 Mithila made her debut in Marathi cinema with the film Muramba co-starring Amey Wagh.
|2014||Majha Honeymoon||Rujuta||Karan Asnani||Marathi||Short Film|
|2015||Katti Batti||Koyal Kabra||Nikheel Advani||Hindi||Debut Bollywood Film|
|2017||Muramba||Indu||Varun Narvekar||Marathi||Debut Marathi Film, Got her first filmfare for the role.|
|2018||Karwaan||Tanya||Akarsh Khurana||Hindi||Now available|
Television and web series
|2016–Present||Girl In The City||Meera Sehgal||Bindass|
|Little Things||Kavya Kulkarni||Netflix and Pocket Aces|
|2018||Little Things 2||Kavya Kulkarni||Netflix|
- "Mithila's cup-beat Marathi song 'Hichi Chal Turu Turu' goes viral. Here's what inspired the Dadar-based girl". DNA India.
- "Viral hit: Meet the girl who sang the Cups song, in Marathi". Hindustan Times.
- Myoho Films (2017-01-19), Majha Honeymoon | Short Film | Mithila Palkar, retrieved 2017-04-21
- "Mithila Palkar: 'I tried to run away from acting'". Femina.
- Bharatiya Digital Party (2016-04-30), Maharashtra Desha | Maharashtra Day Song | Mithila Palkar | Gandhaar, retrieved 2017-04-21
- "Bharatiya Digital Party". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Forbes India 30 Under 30: Young and fearless". Forbes India.
- "Mithila Palkar: Viral sensation". Forbes India.
- "What it takes to be an online star". Live Mint.
- "Mithila Palkar, Of Viral Marathi 'Cups' Video Fame, Speaks About Her Upcoming Web Series". Huffington Post.
- "New MAGGI Ad 2015". YouTube.
- "Tata Tea's 'Choti Patti Badi Patti' ad". YouTube.
- "FilterCopy - News Darshan". YouTube.
- "Mithila Palkar talks about her web-series 'Girl in the City'". The Indian Express.
- "Mithila Palkar starrer 'Girl in the City's finale to bring big surprises". The Times of India.
- "The little things of life". The Hindu.
- "Mithila Palkar, the girl from Dadar". The Hindu.
- "Little Things, a web series, to be made into book". The Times of India.
- "Penguin Random House India to publish Little Things, A Book Based On The Popular Web Series By Pocket Aces". Penguin Random House.
- "Muramba - Box Office". Cinestaan.
- "Irrfan Khan and Dulquer Salmaan starrer Karwan to release on June 1". Bollywood Hungama. 23 Jan 2018. Retrieved 24 Jan 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mithila Palkar.|