Montana Department of Justice
The Montana Department of Justice is a state law enforcement agency of Montana.
The Montana Attorney General heads the agency.
The Attorney General serves as 1 of 5 members of the state Land Board. The Land Board oversees the money generated from 5.2 million acres of land in the state.
The Montana Attorney General acts as the supervisor for the 56 County Attorneys in the State.
Tim Fox is the current Attorney General.
List of Attorneys General since Statehood
- Henri J. Haskill (1889–1897)
- C B. Nolan (1897–1901)
- James Donovan (1901–1905)
- Albert J. Galen (1905–1913)
- D.M. Kelly (1913–1915)
- J.B. Poindexter (1915–1917)
- S.C. Ford (1917–1921)
- Wellington D. Rankin (1921–1924)
- L.A. Foot (1924–1933)
- Raymond T. Nagle (1933–1936)
- Enor K. Matson (1936–1937)
- Harrison K. Freebourn (1937–1941)
- John W. Bonner (1941–1942)
- Howard M. Gullickson (1942)
- R. V. Bottombly (1942–1949)
- Arnold Olsen (1949–1957)
- Forrest H. Anderson (1957–1969)
- Robert L. Woodahl (1969–1977)
- Mike Greely (1977–1989)
- Marc Racicot (1989–1993)
- Joseph P. Mazurek (1993–2001)
- Mike McGrath (2001–2009)
- Stephen C. "Steve" Bullock (2009–2013)
- Tim Fox (2013–present)
- Plowman, Pat (October 10, 2011). "Carbon County Republican Women Meeting". Carbon County News.
- Montana Department of Justice official website
- Montana Attorney General articles at Legal Newsline Legal Journal
- Montana Attorney General articles at ABA Journal
- News and Commentary at FindLaw
- Montana Code Annotated at Law.Justia.com
- U.S. Supreme Court Opinions - "Cases with title containing: State of Montana" at FindLaw
- State Bar of Montana
- Montana Attorney General Tim Fox profile at National Association of Attorneys General
- Press releases at Montana Department of Justice
|This United States law enforcement agency article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|