||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type of business||Private company|
Type of site
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Owner||701Search Pte., Ltd.|
|Key people||Gaurav Bhasin (Chief Executive Officer)|
|Employees||120+ (Q3 2013)|
|Slogan(s)||Malaysia's Largest Marketplace|
|Alexa rank||10 in Malaysia (October 2015[update])|
Mudah.my (styled mudah.my) is an online classified-ads website that caters primarily to the Malaysian market. It is the product of a partnership between 701Search of Singapore (joint venture of SPH and Schibsted) and Telenor ASA of Norway. It is an online marketplace where people buy and sell a wide variety of goods, products, and services under different categories such as real estate, automotives, careers, business products and services, and many more among Malaysian individuals and business groups all over the world. The service allows anyone to buy and sell in his or her region conveniently, without the need for a physical shop or a registered company. As of June 2015, Mudah.my is the second most visited local website in Malaysia, with 1,887,000 unique visitors.
Launched in 2006, the online classified ads website was named mudah.my, stemming from the Malay word “Mudah” that means “easy” in English, describing the ease for members to find, buy, sell almost anything, near where they are, conveniently in a very simple manner.
The site serves average 7 million unique page visitor per month, placing it as one of the top 10 websites in Malaysia (per Alexa.com on October 23, 2015). Mudah.my receives approximately 1.7 million items listed daily. The majority of Mudah.my visitors are buyers who are on the look out for affordable products and services.
In September 2015, Gaurav Bhasin was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Mudah.my. His passion for architecting new business models; innovation & innovation accounting; belief in lean start-up & design thinking; and building brands has led him to join the leadership team of 701Search in July 2010.
In the 5 years he has been at 701Search, his responsibilities have included developing new business models and products, esp. for the mobile ecosystem; providing strategic support & mentoring senior leaders across markets; coaching a regional team of experts in marketing, product and monetization; and leading & growing the Indonesian operation.
Ownership of Mudah.my
701Search was initially a joint venture project derived from two media giants Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) (SGX:T39) and Norway’s Schibsted (OSE:SCH) at the end of 2006. In September 2013, Oslo-listed Telenor ASA will invest in a third of 701Search. Telenor Communications II, its wholly owned subsidiary, will purchase the one-third stake at an enterprise value of 303 million Singapore Dollars as of September 1, 2013. It will pay SPH Interactive International (SPHI) $16.86 million Singapore Dollars for its share of the company. On completion, 701Search will be owned equally by SPHI, Schibsted and Telenor. 701Search will continue with its business of offering online classifieds in the region. In a deal worth €180 million, Telenor took a 33% stake in 701Search in December 2013.
Mudah.my provides an online classified ads portal for both buyers and sellers who are tapping the Internet community for their business transactions. Ads posted on the Mudah.my website are classified according to nine primary categories, which are:-
- Vehicles - Cars, Motorcycles, Car Accessories and Parts, Other Accessories and Parts, Other Vehicles
- Properties - Apartments, Houses, Commercial Properties, Land, Rooms and New Properties
- Electronics - Mobile phones & Gadgets, TV/Audio/Video/Cameras/Games, and Computers & Accessories
- Home and Personal Items - Shoes, Bags and Wallets, Watches and Accessories, Clothes, Beauty and Perfumes, Health and Slimming, Wedding, Maternity, For Children, Female Items, Bed and Bath, Kitchen and Appliances, Furniture and Decoration
- Leisure / Sports / Hobbies - Sports & Outdoors, Hobbies & Collectibles, Music / Movies / Books, Pets, Tickets and Musical Instruments
- Business to Business - Professional / Office Equipment and Business for Sale
- Jobs and Services - Jobs and Services
- Travel - Accommodation and Homestays and Tours and Holidays
- Others - Food, Others, Garage Sale, and Items for Swap
Awards and recognition
Mudah.my was voted as the Favourite E-Services at NEF-AWANI ICT Award under the "People's Choice" category in 2011.5 The NEF-Awani ICT Awards is an awards concept introduced to give recognition to deserving Malaysian companies via an integrated media platform.
- "Mudah.my Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "AsiaOne News". Mudah.my is Malaysia's second most visited website. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "MDA and comScore Release Rankings of Top Web Entities in Malaysia for June 2015". ComScore.com. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Worth of Web Calculator". Worth of Web. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Mudah.my is top local website in Malaysia". The Star. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Digital News Asia". Mudah.my to fend off rivals with ‘one simple approach’. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Oslo telco taking stake in 701Search". Straits Times. 30 Sep 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Telenor takes strategic 33% stake in 701Search". Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Winners of NEF-Awani ICT Awards 2011". NEF-Awani. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "NEF-Awani ICT Awards". NEF. Retrieved 9 December 2013.