|Occupation||Director, lyricist, producer, screenwriter and actor|
Yogaraj Bhat is an Indian Kannada film-maker, director, screenwriter, lyricist and producer. He is most known for the 2006 film Mungaru Male. The film recorded the highest box-office collections in the history of Kannada cinema at the time of its release and the longest running film at a multiplex.
Yogaraj Bhat was born in Mandharthi, in the Udupi district in Karnataka.He grew up in Tilavalli, Haveri. He was the youngest of Ramachandra and Jayalakshmi Bhat's seven children. He lost his father to a boat mishap.
His film Mungaru Male collected estimated 50-75 crore, this was his third film, created history in Southern Film Industry. The film ran for 464 days – first in any language to run for a whole year continually in a multiplex, beating the records of the biggest Hindi Film Industry records. It naturally brought him many rewards, awards and appreciations, including Nine State Film Awards (including Best Director and Best Film Award) and Four Filmfare Awards (Best Film, Best Music, Best Lyrics and Best Cinematography). The movie has been remade in all South Indian languages & Bengali. The rights for the movie to be made in Hindi has been bought by Shri. Boney Kapoor. He has also has directed Gaalipata , Manasare, Pancharangi , Paramatma , Drama , Vaastu Prakara, Dana Kayonu , Mugulu Nage and others
Yogaraj Bhat has worked as lyricist in many Kannada movies Mungaru Male, Gaalipata, Junglee, Jackie, Manasaare, Pancharangi, Paramatma, Victory, Hudugaru, Drama, Kaddipudi, Bachchan, Adhyaksha, Gajakesari, Rajahuli and others
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2008||Inthi Ninna Preethiya||Yes||Yes|
|2019||Avane Srimannarayana||Guptananda Swamiji||Cameo appearance|
- 2013 – won Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist – Kannada for the song "Bombe Adsonu" from his own directorial film Drama
- 2013 – won the Bangalore Times Film Awards in "Best Lyricist" category for the song "Bombe Adsonu"
- Upadhyaya, Prakash. "Parapancha movie review: Live audience response". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "SouthScope – One Stop Site For South Indian Cinema". SouthScope. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Did you know? 'Mungaru Male' was the first film to cross Rs 50 crore at the box office as well as run for a year in a multiplex - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Yogaraj Bhat: A game changer". Deccan Herald. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Ganesh Bal: The outsider on the inside | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 22 April 2012. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Will Pancharangi break the records of Mungaru Male?". www.filmibeat.com. 7 September 2010. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Kannada Fim Industry | Famous Actors | Puneet Rajkumar | Ganesh | Ramya | Sudeep". www.mybangalore.com. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "'Mungaru' to be remade in hindi soon - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "galipata-2 in timesofindia". The Times of India. 20 January 2018. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
- Dyavre movie review, Times of India
- Filmfare Awards (South): The complete list of winners – IBNLive. Ibnlive.in.com (21 July 2013). Retrieved on 16 April 2014.
- Bangalore Times Film Awards 2012 goes to... – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (19 August 2013). Retrieved on 16 April 2014.