|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||48.4:51.6 ♂/♀|
|It is home to India's largest power house|
Mukhiguda is a census town in Kalahandi district in the Indian state of Odisha. Mukhiguda is one of the villages in Jayapatna tehsil. Mukhiguda is 7 km from its tehsil's main town, Jaipatna, is located 87 km from its district's main city, Bhawanipatna, and is located 510 km (320 mi) from its state's main city Bhubaneswar.
Mukhiguda is famous for Indravati Power Plant, which is one of India's largest and Asia's second-largest power house. The hydro-electric project of Odisha produces 600 MW electricity and took almost 15 years for its completion.
As of 2001[update] India census, Mukhiguda had a population of 1,910. Males constitute 9,24 of the population and females 9,86.In Mukhiguda total literacy population is 6,69, So Mukhiguda has an average literacy rate of 35%, smaller than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 24%. In Mukhiguda, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Upper primary Project school
- Upper Indravati Project High school
- Saraswati sishu vidya mandir
- Swami Vivekananda English medium school
- Indravati (Degree) Mahavidyalaya
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.