|Elevation||295 m (968 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 20|
Najibabad is a city and a municipal board in Bijnor district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It has a railway junction and is one of the administrative blocks of the Bijnor district. It is well connected to all major cities of India by roadways via NH 119 and NH 74 respectively and also by various trains.
Najibabad is located at  It has an average elevation of 295.5 metres (1014 feet)..
The current Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Najibabad is Tasleem Ahmad from (BSP). The current Municipal board chairman is Mohammad Moazzam Khan. Najibabad is part of Nagina parliamentary constituency, and current Member of Parliament is Yashwant Singh (BJP).
The city was founded in the 1740s by Nawab Najib-ud-Daula, a Rohilla Afghan noble, who served the Mughal empire, before revolting against the latter and siding with the Afghan Durrani Empire. His cemetery is still in present day, Najibabad.
A fort of Sultana Daku or "The Sultan Bandit" is situated in Najibabad.
Forts and monuments
- Cemetery of Nawab Najib-ud-Daula
- Pathargarh Fort built by Najib-ud-Daula (Famous by Sultana Daku ka Qila)
- Portion of the old Rohilla Palace (called is Thanna)
- Tomb of Nawab Najib-ud-Daula
Other historical sites include:
- Jama Masjid
- Mordhaj also known as Munawar Jar with lofty mound Called chaar minar
- Nanhe Miya Ground in Pai bagh street
The main Industries of the city are:
- Mansarovar Bottling Company
- Singhal Refineries
- Thums up factory
- Alamdar saw mills ltd.
- Chandra Kaththa Industries Ltd.
- Mansarovar Paper Mills ltd.
- Badri-Kedar Paper mills ltd.
- Indian oil, HP, Bharat Petroleum Depot.
- JMK International Industries
- cyber cafe and tours & travels
Najibabad also has an All India Radio center. The town is an important trade center for timber, sugar and grain. There are manufacturing units which deal with metal, shoes, blankets, shawls and cotton
In 1901, Najibabad had a population of 19,568. Even today, several architectural remains of Rohilla magnificence can be found within the city
The total population of najibabad is 84,239.
- Bharat Hall
- Krishna hall
- Samrat hall
- Pukar hall
- kanha hotel
Najibabad has a number of schools & Colleges. The colleges in the city include:
- Imperial International School (C.B.S.E affiliated School)
- Krist Jayanti School.(C.B.S.E)
- North India College of Higher Education
- North India College of Law
- SSD College of Higher Education
- Rama Jain PG College.
- Sahu Jain PG College.
- Chandra shekhar ITI.
- Najibabad Private ITI.
- St' Marry's School.(I.C.S.E)
- R.R Morarka Public SChool(C.B.S.E).
- M.D.S Inter College (U.P Board)
- Qasmiya Inter College (U.P. Educationa Board)
- Government Inter College "GIC" (U.P Board)
- Shri Guru Ram Rai Public School(C.B.S.E)
- Shreya Public School(C.B.S.E)
- North India Institute of Technology
- Institute of Information Technology & Science
- Indian Institute Of Distance Education And Learning
Villages Under Vikas Khand/Tahsil Najibabad
Sahanpur, Jalalabad, Sikandarpur basi, Guniyapur, Gajraula Paimar,mirampur bega, Sabhachandpur Mohan urf Makhwara, Padarathpur, Issepur, Sikroda, Lalpur, Samipur, Chandanpura, Badiya, Rajpur Nawada, Raipur, Jogirampuri, kawariwala urf hakimpur qazi Kalanpur Buzurg Urf Bahupura & Mouzam pur tulsi urf(Garhi)dhanora(Adarsh nagar) (Subhash nagar), Bashirpur, Najibabad, Nangla Ubbhan (Ubbhanwala) & Sheikhpurgaru (Himalayan colony), Shahnawaz Pur (Alias Kharampur) & Alawalpur Nenu, Bhaguwala, Mandawli Shakarpuri,Jwali lala (jwali Khurd).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Najibabad.|