Nancy Connor Springer (born 1948 in Montclair, New Jersey) is an American author of fantasy, young adult literature, mystery, and science fiction. Her novel Larque on the Wing won the Tiptree Award. She also received the Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America for her novels Toughing It and Looking for Jamie Bridger, in addition to receiving the Carolyn W. Field award for I am Mordred. A prolific author, she has written more than fifty books over a career that has spanned nearly four decades.
Book of the Isle
- The White Hart (1979)
- The Book of Suns (1977) expanded as The Silver Sun (1980)
- The Sable Moon (1981)
- The Black Beast (1982)
- The Golden Swan (1983)
- Rowan Hood: Outlaw Girl of Sherwood Forest (2001)
- Lionclaw (2002)
- Outlaw Princess of Sherwood (2003)
- Wild Boy (2004)
- Rowan Hood Returns (2005)
- The Case of the Missing Marquess (2006)
- The Case of the Left-Handed Lady (2007)
- The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets (2008)
- The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan (2008)
- The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline (2009)
- The Case of the Gypsy Goodbye (2010)
- Wings of Flame (1985)
- Chains of Gold (1986)
- A Horse to Love (1987)
- The Hex Witch of Seldom (1988)
- Not on a White Horse (1988)
- Apocalypse (1989)
- They're All Named Wildfire (1989)
- Red Wizard (1990)
- Colt (1991)
- Damnbanna (1992)
- The Friendship Song (1992)
- The Great Pony Hassle (1993)
- Toughing It (1994)
- The Blind God is Watching (1994)
- Larque on the Wing (1994)
- The Boy on a Black Horse (1994)
- Metal Angel (1994)
- Looking for Jamie Bridger (1996)
- Fair Peril (1996)
- Secret Star (1997)
- I Am Mordred (1998)
- Sky Rider (1999)
- Plumage (2000)
- Separate Sisters (2001)
- I am Morgan le Fay (2001)
- Needy Creek (2001)
- Blood Trail (2003)
- Dusssie (2007)
- Chance and Other Gestures of the Hand of Fate (1985)
- Stardark Songs (1993)
Awards and nominations
- Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature Best Novel nominee (1982): The Sable Moon
- World Fantasy Best Short Story nominee (1987): "The Boy Who Plaited Manes"
- Hugo Best Short Story nominee (1987): "The Boy Who Plaited Manes"
- Nebula Best Short Story nominee (1987): "The Boy Who Plaited Manes"
- Tiptree Award (1995): Larque on the Wing
- Edgar Award for Best Young Adult Mystery (1995): Toughing It
- Edgar Award for Best Juvenile Mystery (1996): Looking for Jamie Bridger
- Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature Best Novel nominee (1997): Fair Peril
- Carolyn W. Field Award (1999): I am Mordred
- Edgar Award for Best Juvenile Mystery nominee (2007): The Case of the Missing Marquess: An Enola Holmes Mystery
- Edgar Award for Best Juvenile Mystery nominee (2010): The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline: An Enola Holmes Mystery
- Davis, Stephen M. "The SF Site Featured Review: I am Mordred: A Tale from Camelot". SF Site. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Previous Awards—James Tiptree, Jr. Literary Award Council". James Tiptree, Jr. Literary Award Council. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Edgar Award Winners and Nominees Database". TheEdgars.com. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Mythopoeic Awards – Fantasy". Mythopoeic Society. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "World Fantasy Awards -- Complete Listing". World Fantasy Convention. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "1987 Hugo Awards". The Hugo Awards. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Carolyn W. Field Award". Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Retrieved 2 March 2013.