This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2006)
|Never Say Die|
|Studio album by|
|Producer||Jonathan David Brown|
Never Say Die is the fourth studio album of the Christian rock band, Petra. It was released in 1981. "The Coloring Song" was a radio hit for the band and sales were higher for this album than the previous. This album set the stage for Petra's success in the 1980s and their next few albums duplicated much of the formula, as well as repeated the "guitar" theme on the album cover.
StarSong Records later re-issued the album on a single CD with 1979's Washes Whiter Than. The former had two tracks cut for space; this album was included in full.
Never Say Die is their first charted album on the Billboard Top Inspirational Albums chart peaking at number 16.
All tracks are written by Bob Hartman, except where noted
|1.||"The Coloring Song"||2:55|
|3.||"Angel of Light"||4:21|
|4.||"Killing My Old Man"||3:48|
|5.||"Without Him We Can Do Nothing"||3:29|
|6.||"Never Say Die"||3:43|
|7.||"I Can Be Friends With You"||4:13|
|9.||"Father of Lights"||3:03|
|10.||"Praise Ye the Lord"||3:20|
- Bob Hartman – guitars
- Greg X. Volz – lead and backing vocals
- John Slick – keyboards, backing vocals, horn and string arrangements on "For Annie"
- Mark Kelly – bass, backing vocals
- Keith Edwards – drums, percussion
- Alex MacDougall – percussion
- Joe Miller – trombone
- Bob Welborn – trumpet
- Jonathan David Brown – producer, track arrangements, engineer at Rivendell Sound Recorders, Pasadena, Texas, mixing
- Petra – track arrangements
- Steve Hall – mastering at MCA/Whitney Recording Studio,Glendale, California
- Randy Rogers – illustration
- Mary Ann Smith – layout
- Diane McLaughlin – sleeve photography
- Martinsound, Alhambra, California – additional overdubs
- Whitefield Sound, Santa Ana, California – mixing and additional overdubs
|US Inspirational Albums (Billboard)||16|