Not of this World (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2006)|
|Not of this World|
|Studio album by Petra|
|Producer||Jonathan David Brown|
|Jesus Freak Hideout||(?)|
Not of this World is the sixth studio album of the Christian rock band, Petra. It was released in 1983. It is very similar to its predecessor (More Power to Ya), and Bob Hartman has stated that he considers it to be the musical equivalent of a sequel. This album includes some of the group's most popular recordings from the 80s.
The use of keyboards is featured prominently in this album compared to its predecessor, but not nearly to the level as featured on Beat the System.
All songs written by Bob Hartman, except where noted.
- "Visions (Doxology)" – 2:04 (Trad., arr John Slick)
- "Not of this World" – 4:49
- "Bema Seat" – 3:54
- "Grave Robber" – 4:18
- "Blinded Eyes" – 5:33
- "Not by Sight" – 3:20 (John Slick)
- "Lift Him Up" – 3:26
- "Pied Piper" – 4:00
- "Occupy" – 3:28 (John Slick)
- "Godpleaser" – 4:35
- "Visions (Reprise) (Doxology)" – 2:28 (Trad., arr John Slick)
- Nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Gospel Performance in 1984.
- Greg X. Volz - lead vocals, rhythm guitar, percussion
- Bob Hartman - lead and acoustic guitars, backing vocals
- John Slick - keyboards, backing vocals
- Mark Kelly - bass, backing vocals
- Louie Weaver - drums, backing vocals
- Jonathan David Brown - Producer
- Recorded and Mixed at Rivendell Recorders, Pasadena, Texas by Jonathan David Brown
- Assistant engineer - David Rogers
- Vocals recorded at Gold Mine Studios, Nashville, Tennessee
- Assistant engineer - Doug Sarrett
- Mastered at Future Disc Systems by Steve Hall