Nevin Yanıt Baltacı
Yanıt at the 2012 European Athletics Championships
16 February 1986 |
|Height||1.65 m (5.4 ft)|
|Weight||60 kg (130 lb)|
|Event(s)||60 metres hurdles
100 metres hurdles
|Achievements and titles|
Nevin Yanıt, (born February 16, 1986 in Mersin) is a Turkish female sprinter specialising in high hurdling. She is a two time European champion in the 100m hurdles, and current European indoor champion in the 60m hurdles.
On 29 August 2013, Yanit was banned from athletic competition for two years following a failed doping test in February 2013. After IAAF appealed the length of the ban to the Court of Arbitration for sport, her ban was extended for a further year.
Yanıt first came to international prominence in 2007, winning the 100m hurdles at the 2007 European Under 23 Athletics Championships. She won the silver medal at the 2007 Summer Universiade in Bangkok, Thailand.
Yanıt participated at the 2009 Mediterranean Games in Pescara, Italy and won the gold medal in women's 100 m hurdles. She was the winner in the 100 m hurdles at the European Cup First League Group B held on June 18, 2006 in Thessaloniki, Greece.
At the 2010 European Athletics Championships in Barcelona, she won the gold medal in the 100m hurdles, breaking the 100 m hurdles national record with 12.63 seconds, edging favourites, Derval O'Rourke and Carolin Nytra.
At the 2013 European Athletics Indoor Championships in Gothenburg, Sweden, she won the gold medal, breaking the 60m hurdles national record with 7.89.
In 2013 the Turkish Athletics Federation announced that Yanit had failed a doping test, after traces of testosterone and the anabolic steroid Stanozolol were found in a testing sample. On 29 August 2013, a two-year ban was handed down by the Turkish Federation, precluding Yanit from competition until 5 August 2015. Following IAAF's appeal to the Court of Arbitration for sport, her ban was extended to 3 years for aggravating circumstances. In addition to the positive for two prohibited substances her biological passport data showed that she had been blood doping between June 2012 and February 2013. The IAAF later confirmed that her results since June 28, 2012 had all been voided and she was stripped of her European Championship title and 5th-place finish at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games. 
- "Athletes-Yanit Nevin TUR". iaaf.org. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "Nevin Yanit: Drugs ban for European hurdles champion". BBC. 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- "Nevin Yanit banned for two years for doping". The Independent. 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport: Nevin Yanit's suspension increased from 2 years to 3 years, cas-tas.org, 6 March 2015
- "Öğrencimiz Nevin Yanıt Pekin Olimpiyatları’nda yarı finale kaldı" (in Turkish). Mersin University. 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "Doping, Nevin Yanıt'a pahalıya patladı" (in Turkish). yonhaber.com. 1 July 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "Nevin Yanıt" (in Turkish). Vestel Atletizm. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- The Champion, Fenerbahçe
- "Nevin Yanıt Atletizm Kompleksi" (in Turkish). Mersin Gençlik Hizmetleri ve Spor İl Müdürlüğü. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- Ercan, Mustafa (2011-02-24). "Nevin Yanıt Atletizm Kompleksi açıldı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2013-05-15.