Amagu Village, Udi Town, Enugu Nigeria
|Spouse(s)||Ngozi Nkem Owoh|
Owoh was born in Enugu, Nigeria. After his primary and secondary school he headed to the University of Ilorin and studied engineering. Already during his university studies, Owoh began acting in various television and film productions.
Owoh starred in the 2003 film Osuofia in London. He is also known for performing the song "I Go Chop Your Dollar" about advance fee fraud. The song was featured in the film The Master in which Owoh plays a scammer. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission banned the song. In 2007 Owoh was arrested in Amsterdam, Netherlands (Bijlmermeer neighborhood in the Amsterdam Zuidoost borough) as the result of a 7-month investigation by the Dutch police dubbed "Operation Apollo". Owoh was arrested while performing a musical show when the police raided the event and arrested 111 people on suspicion of lottery fraud and immigration violations. Owoh was later released. In November 2009 Owoh was kidnapped in eastern Nigeria. His kidnappers demanded a 15 million naira ransom. Owoh was released after his family members allegedly paid a ransom fee of 1.4 million naira.
|1987||Things Fall Apart||with Pete Edochie|
|2000||Ukwa||with Patience Ozokwor|
|1999||Big Man...Big Trouble||Sawam|
|with Francis Agu||Conspiracy||with Onyeka Onwenu|
|2002||Fake Doctor||Dr. Zebedi|
|Spanner||with Chinedu Ikedieze|
|King of the Forest|
|Mr. Trouble||with Patience Ozokwor|
|Osuofia in London||Osuofia|
|My Own Share|
|Osuofia in London 2||Osuofia|
|Spanner Goes to Jail||with Chinedu Ikedieze|
|Bus Driver||with Dakore Egbuson|
|2006||A Fool at 40||Hygenius|
|Made in Cambridge|
|My Kingdom Come|
|2007||Battle of Indemnity||Egbentu|
|Covenant Keeping God||Samuel|
|Johnbull & Rosekate||Johnbull|
|Stronger Than Pain||Ulonna||with Kate Henshaw-Nuttal
Owoh's performance in this film earned him the Best Actor in a Leading Role award
at the African Movie Academy Awards in 2008
|His Last Action|
|2015||Ghana Must Go |
- "AMAA 2008: List of Nominees and Winners". Retrieved 16 January 2010.[dead link]
- "Biography of Nkem Owoh". Archived from the original on January 23, 2010. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Jan Libbenga (2007-07-02). "'I Go Chop Your Dollar' star arrested". The Register.
- "Police Arrest Nkem Owoh in Holland". NigeriaMovies.net. 2007-07-04.
- "'I Go Chop Your Dollar' star arrested". Retrieved 27 November 2009.
- Nkem Owoh (Osuofia) Kidnapped
- Breaking News Osuofia (Nkem Owoh) Kidnapped
- "Jubilation in Nollywood as Osuofia is freed". Retrieved 27 November 2009.
- "'Scam comic' kidnapped in Nigeria". BBC News. 2009-11-10.
- "'Ghana Must Go': Everything you need to know about Yvonne Okoro's upcoming movie". Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. Retrieved 19 May 2015.