North Branch station
|Location||Station Road & Central Place, Branchburg, New Jersey|
|Owned by||NJ Transit|
|Line(s)||Raritan Valley Line|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Bicycle facilities||1 bicycle rack|
|Opened||September 25, 1848|
|Rebuilt||1850, 1860, 1892–1893, 1970|
|January 8, 1970||Station depot burned|
|2012||72 (average weekday)|
North Branch is a NJ Transit railroad station on the Raritan Valley Line, in the hamlet of North Branch in Branchburg, New Jersey. The station is in a residential area, a mile to the south of North Branch center. The station has a small shelter with no facilities and is across the street from the Printmaking Council of New Jersey. North Branch station and the stations west of it have limited weekday service and no weekend service. The former Jersey Central Railroad station depot burned to the ground on January 8, 1970.
The station has a single low-level asphalt side platform.
|G||Track 1||← Raritan Valley Line limited service toward High Bridge (White House) |
Raritan Valley Line limited service toward Newark Penn Station (Raritan) →
|Street level||Ticket machine, parking|
- "Raritan Valley Line Timetables" (PDF). Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "Original Route of New Jersey Central Railroad Followed Old Post Road Between Plainfield, Elizabethport, Historian Says". The Plainfield Courier-News. December 31, 1938. p. 7. Retrieved April 8, 2021 – via Newspapers.com.
- "N. York, Elizabethtown, Somerville, Easton". The Evening Post. New York, New York. March 14, 1849. p. 4. Retrieved April 8, 2021 – via Newspapers.com.
- Bernhart, Benjamin L. (2004). Historic Journeys By Rail: Central Railroad of New Jersey Stations, Structures & Marine Equipment. Outer Station Project. p. 68. ISBN 1891402072.
- "Fire Razes CNJ Station". The Courier-News. January 8, 1970. p. 1. Retrieved November 22, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS" (PDF). New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
Media related to North Branch (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons