Office of Administration
|Office of Administration|
|Formed||December 12, 1977|
|Headquarters||Old Executive Office Building|
|Agency executive||Beth Jones, Director|
|Parent agency||Executive Office of the President of the United States|
|Website||Office of Administration|
The Office of Administration is an entity within the Executive Office of the President tasked with overseeing the general administration of the entire Executive Office.
The Office of Administration was formed by merging the administrative functions of ten entities that were present in the Executive Office by the signing of Executive Order 12028 by President Jimmy Carter on December 12, 1977.
The organization's mission is to provide administrative services to all entities of the Executive Office of the President, including direct support services to the President of the United States. The services include financial management and information technology support, human resources management, library and research assistance, facilities management, procurement, printing and graphics support, security, and the Office of White House mail and messenger operations. The Director of the organization oversees the submission of the annual budget Request and represents the organization before congressional funding panels.
Part of the Office of Administration is the Facilities Management Division's which is tasked with the mission to professionally manage the use of space and oversee the maintenance of space for all of the EOP facilities and provide excellence in customer service. The core functions include the Facility Request Program, Space Management, Project Oversight, Conference and Meeting Support, Preservation Stewardship, and Recycling Program Management.
As part of the Facilities Management Division, the Preservation Office's mission is the preservation of the historic and architectural integrity of the EOP properties. This involves the following tasks:
- Oversee the restoration and preservation of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building (EEOB), the East and West Wings of the White House, and the Jackson Place Townhouses, among other selected properties.
- Direct and manage public education programs on the history of the EOP properties (these include special presentations, exhibitions, brochures and other informational requests).
- Maintain collections of furnishings, decorative arts, architectural fragments, prints and drawings, and research files, as well as manage the receipt of gifts and the loans of materials and furnishings.
- Director: Beth Jones
- Chief of Staff: David Levine
- Chief Financial Officer: Cathy Solomon
- Chief Information Officer: Karen Britton
- Chief of Operations Services: Molly Culhane
- Chief Procurement and Contract Management Officer: Althea Kireilis
- Director for Equal Employment Opportunity:Clara Patterson
- General Counsel: Vacant
- Federal government of the United States
- Executive Office of the President
- Office of Management and Budget