|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Exterior of Olympia Grand as seen from Kensington (Olympia) station
|Former names||National Agricultural Hall|
|Public transit||Kensington (Olympia)|
|Owner||Capital & Counties Properties|
|Opened||26 December 1886|
|Architect||Andrew Handyside and Company|
The venue is home to a range of international trade and consumer exhibitions, conferences and events.
The nearest railway station is Kensington (Olympia) which is a London Overground station, a London Underground station and a mainline rail station. The nearest underground stations are Barons Court, Hammersmith, Shepherd's Bush and West Kensington. The direct District Line spur to the station only runs on weekends.
Investigation of potential copyright issue
|If you have just labeled this page as a potential copyright issue, please follow the instructions for filing at the bottom of the box.|
The previous content of this page or section has been identified as posing a potential copyright issue, as a copy or modification of the text from the source(s) below, and is now listed on Wikipedia:Copyright problems (listing):
Unless the copyright status of the text on this page is clarified, the problematic text or the entire page may be deleted one week after the time of its listing.
|Can you help resolve this issue?|
|About importing text to Wikipedia
||Instructions for filing
If you have tagged the article for investigation, please complete the following steps:
In January 2013, a £40 million investment was completed and the company re-launched with a new brand; subsequently the business was awarded the Best Marketing Campaign at the Exhibition News Awards 2014.
- BBC Good Food Show
- Olympia London International Horse Show
- London Chess Classic
- Pure London
- Spirit of Christmas
- International Art & Antiques Fair
- Marketing Week Live
- Great British Beer Festival
- Salon du Chocolat
- UCAS Design your own future
- National Wedding Show
- Toy Fair
- The International Motor Exhibition was held annually at Olympia from 1905 to 1936
- The 1st World Scout Jamboree was held at Olympia from 30 July to 8 August 1920
- Jimi Hendrix Experience on 22 December 1967
- Status Quo played on 31 December 1975
- Procol Harum played on 1 January 1976
- Bad Company played on the 2nd and 3 January 1977
- Rod Stewart performed on 14 and 15 January 1977
- Eubank v Stretch at the WBO Middleweight title battle, 18 April 1991
- The Cure performed on the 26th,27th,28th,30 November 1992
- Smash Hits Awards held at Olympia London on 6 December 1992
- Eubank v Holmes at WBO super middleweight class, 20 February 1993
- Fairuz played on 11 and 12 March 1994
- Eubank v Jose Carlos Amaral at the WBO Super-middleweight Championship, 9 July 1994
- Spencer Oliver v Serge Poilblanc at WBO fight, 12 July 1997
- ATP tennis held from 3-6 December 1998
- 3rd Mind Sports Olympiad held 21-30 August 1999
- Miss World 49th Pageant held on 4 December 1999
- Naseem Hamed v Vuyani Bungu at WBO featherweight title battle, 11 March 2000
- Chemical Brothers played on 30 August 2008
- Vivienne Westwood hosted a catwalk show for London Fashion Week in Olympia London, 21 February 2009
- Bloc Party played at Olympia London on 11 and 12 May 2009
- Gavin Rees v Colin Lynes at Prizefighter light-Welterweight battle, 2 December 2009
- Primal Scream performed on the 26th and 27 November 2010
- Got to Dance aired from Olympia London on 29 January 2011
- Darren Barker v Domenico Spada in the WBO European Middleweight title, 30 April 2011
- Doctor Who Experience was held from 1 January to 22 February 2012
- Got to Dance final aired live in March 2012 and 2013
- Olympia Beauty  is an annual beauty event which first was held at Olympia in 2004
- "Our Story | Olympia London". olympia.london. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- Cooper, B., (1983) Transformation of a Valley: The Derbyshire Derwent, Heinemann, republished 1991 Cromford: Scarthin Books
- "An industry is born today" Flight 20 March 1909.
- Peach, Gareth (November 1947). "RADIOLYMPIA 1947". Short Wave News Vol 2 No 11 November 1947.
- Extracts from the book: Earls Court and Olympia - Buffalo Bill to the 'Brits' by John Glanfield, © Earls Court & Olympia Group Ltd, 2003
- About SMMT Archived 29 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Stefan Dierkes. "British International Motor Show: Locations and Dates". Pietro-frua.de. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- "Olympia Beauty - Home". www.olympiabeauty.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Olympia, London.|
- Olympia London website Olympia London website
- Olympia Events Calendar
- Eat Outs Around
- Satellite Image Google Maps satellite image of London Olympia
|Miss World Venue