Orion Group (Bangladesh)
|Industry||pharmaceuticals, cosmetics & toiletries, infrastructure development, real estate, engineering, power, agribusiness, hospitality, textiles, aviation|
Number of employees
Orion Group is one of the largest Bangladeshi industrial conglomerates. The industries under this conglomerate include Orion Pharma Ltd, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, infrastructure development, agribusiness, hospitality, textiles, aviation etc. Orion was established by Obaidul Karim, the chairman of the group. It built the Mayor Hanif flyover in Dhaka. The tallest building in Bangladesh, City Centre Dhaka is built by this group. The company is also the sole franchisee of Krispy Kreme and Fish & Co. restaurants in Bangladesh.
- "Orion moves to implement coal power project". The Daily Star. 2016-10-14. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Doing business getting tough". The Daily Star. 2015-03-15. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "4 major private power deals signed". The Daily Star. 2011-12-21. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Public meeting held for coal-based power plant in Munshiganj | Dhaka Tribune". Dhaka Tribune. 2016-10-15. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Scamster Obaidul Karim gets 5 years". The Daily Star. 2008-08-13. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "PM pays toll for her motorcade using Dhaleshwari bridge, Mayor Hanif flyover". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Jatrabari fly-over nearing completion". The New Nation. 28 December 2011.
- "Jatrabari-Gulistan flyover 66 pc complete". The New Nation. 3 April 2012.
- "Hanif Flyover Underutilised". The New Nation. 10 August 2015.
- The Shorter Wisden India Almanack 2013. A&C Black. 2013. pp. 79–. ISBN 978-93-82951-01-8.
- Rahman, Mushfiqur (9 October 2013). "Little option but to go for coal-fired power". The Daily Star.
- "Orion gets nod to borrow $88m in foreign loans". The Daily Star. 22 September 2014.
- "Orion to set up 635MW coal power plant". The Daily Star. 22 April 2016.
- "Orion hits country's footwear market". Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha. 29 December 2014.
- Rahman, Shameema Binte (9 March 2015). "Shining future for Bangladesh leather sector as China shifts focus". bdnews24.com.
- "Krispy Kreme opens doors tomorrow". The Daily Star. 6 May 2016.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|