Pacifica High School (Oxnard, California)
|Pacifica High School|
|600 East Gonzales Road
Oxnard, California 93036
|Established||August 28, 2001|
|Teaching staff||127.60 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||25.46|
|Color(s)||Black and green|
|Athletics conference||CIF-SS Pacific View League|
Pacifica High School, referred to as Pacifica or PHS, is a public four-year high school serving grades 9-12 in Oxnard, California. It opened on August 28, 2001. The current principal of Pacifica High School is Ted Lawrence.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Pacifica High School was established in 2001. It occupies approximately 50 acres (200,000 m2) of agricultural land, and was designed to accommodate up to 2,250 students, even though the current student population reaches over 3,000. There are nine major buildings (with seven marked with letters A, B, C, E, F, G, H) on campus comprising nearly 205,000 square feet (19,000 m2).
Pacifica contains five academies: The Health Science Academy (established 2006, California Golden Bell winner in 2008), the Teaching & Educational Careers Academy (established 2007), the Culinary Arts Academy (established 2010) the academy of business known as AoB (establish 2012), and the CODE (Code Developer) Academy (established 2015).
Pacifica also has a Performing Arts department which contains theatre, music, and dance classes. There are also various performances throughout the school year given by Pacifica's Symphonic and Jazz bands, Choir, Theatre, and Dance groups. 
The following sports are offered at Pacifica: Soccer, Baseball, Football, Golf, Dance, Football, Swim, Water Polo, Track and Field, Cross Country, Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, and Wrestling, Cheerleading
- Victor Ortiz, boxer
- Moore, Jean (9 August 2016). "Two Oxnard high school start classes with new principals". Ventura County Star. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Directory of Schools - Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges". acswasc.org. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Pacifica High". ed.gov. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- staff reports. "Pacifica High's Health Science Academy earns Golden Bell". VCS. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Performing Arts | Pacifica High School". www.pacificahigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Currents: Sports". tritoncurrents.com. Retrieved 2015-11-02.