Oxnard High School
|Oxnard High School|
|3400 W. Gonzales Road
Oxnard, California, U.S.A.
|Motto||"Keep Making the Sting Mean!"|
|Color(s)||Cardinal and Gold|
|Athletics conference||CIF-SS Pacific View League|
Oxnard High School, or OHS as it is commonly referred to, is a public four-year high school serving grades 9–12 in Oxnard, Ventura County, California, United States. Oxnard High School serves the Southwest, Northwest and Beach communities of Oxnard and a northern portion of Port Hueneme.
- William Bright: Linguist, specialized in Native American and South Asian languages.
- Nao Takasugi: Mayor of Oxnard from 1982-92, then elected to the California State Assembly from 1992-98, serving as the only Asian-American member at the time.
- Timmy Curran: Professional surfer, musician and spokesperson for the Surfrider Foundation.
- Kevin Faulconer: current mayor of San Diego, California
- Bud Houser three-time Olympic gold medalist and former world-record holder in the discus.
- Bismarck Lepe: CEO of Ooyala, an internet video company.
- Kristal Marshall: Model and former WWE Diva.
- Paul McAnulty: Major League Baseball outfielder with the San Diego Padres
- Ken McMullen, former Major League Baseball third-baseman with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Jack O'Connell: Politician and 26th California State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Corey Pavin: Professional golfer; successful career includes winning the 1995 U.S. Open.
- Alfred V. Rascon: United States Army soldier and Medal of Honor recipient.
- Jacob Rogers: Former Two Year Professional football player prior to being released from the Dallas Cowboys; former All-American and standout for USC Trojans
- Terrell Watson: Professional football player for the Cleveland Browns.
- Steve Zaragoza: YouTube personality, comedian, and SourceFed Host.
- "History of OHS" Oxnard High School official website. Accessed 16 November 2014
- "Friday Update". Oxnard High School. March 27, 2015.
- "Boundaries & Map." Oxnard Union High School District
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Oxnard High School (site of old campus)
- Goodman, Adrianne (November 14, 1991). "Residents Criticize Moving School : Oxnard: Opponents cite many problems, including loss of farmland. But parents fear the airport's proximity to the campus.". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Ragland, Jenifer (January 16, 2002) "Oxnard Board to Consider Upgrade Work at 4 Schools" Los Angeles Times
- Romine, Rich (June 3, 2011). "Longtime Ventura County football coach J.T. Rogers dies". Ventura County Star. Retrieved 20 February 2016.