Welcome sign in Pālolo
|• Mayor||Kirk Caldwell (D)|
|• State Senate District HI-10||Les Ihara Jr.|
|• State House District HI-20||Calvin Say|
|• Pālolo Neighborhood Board|
|• Density||1,242/km2 (3,220/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−10 (Hawaiian (HST))|
Pālolo is the name of a valley, stream, and residential neighborhood in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. The area lies approximately four miles east and inland from downtown Honolulu, less than a mile from Diamond Head. Like many of Hawaii's neighborhoods, Pālolo consists of an entire valley. The mauka (mountain-side) of the valley is agricultural in nature. The makai (ocean-side) of the valley ends approximately at Waiʻalae Avenue and is densely settled, mostly with single-family homes.
Pālolo includes the Kaʻau Crater, an extinct volcano in the mountains at the back of the valley.
Pālolo Valley is bordered on the mauka end by the Koʻolau Range, to the Koko Head (approximately East) side by Wilhelmina Rise, on the makai end by the neighborhood of Kaimuki, and on the ʻEwa (approximately west) side by Waʻahila Ridge.
- "PALOLO NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD NO. 6". City and County of Honolulu. 2017. Retrieved 28 Oct 2017.
- Mary Kawena Pukui, Samuel Hoyt Elbert and Esther T. Mookini (2004). "lookup of Pālolo ". in Place Names of Hawai'i. Ulukau, the Hawaiian Electronic Library, University of Hawaii Press. Retrieved November 12, 2010.
- Final Rules of Practice and Procedure Department of Land and Natural Resources ʻAha Moku Advisory Committee (PDF) (Report). 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Pālolo Stream
- Jarrett Middle School Website Archived April 23, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Pālolo Elementary School Website Archived July 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Watanabe, June (26 September 1996). "Palolo Pride - Discover the richness of the valley". The Honolulu Star-Bulletin on the Web. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
|This Hawaiʻi state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Honolulu is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|