Edupayala Durga Bhavani Temple
|Founded by||Rani Shankaramma, 1765|
|Elevation||445 m (1,460 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Medak|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Medak|
Papannapet is a village in Medak district of Telangana, India. It is bounded by Sankarampet, Tekmal, Kulcharam and Medak mandals of Medak district and Nizamabad district. Papannapet has an average elevation of 445 metres (1463 ft).
In the historical time the Papannapet village was ruled by the Great Princess "Rani Shankaramma" Daughter of Raja Durgareddy&Rani Lakshmayamma,Raja Durga Reddy die on 2-4-1900, possessed of properties including a Jagir Samashtanam, Papannapet. Hew left behind him surviving, his widow, Rani Lakshmayamma, then aged about 16 years and a daughter, Rani Shankaramma, then aged about one year.
- Rani Shankaramma was married to one Venkata Pratap Reddy, the brother of Rani Lakshmayamma, Shankaramma constructed the fort in 1760 which consists of Devidi (residential place for the inmates of the fort) and Chavidi (meeting place).
- Total Population: 57,149 in 12,504 Households.
- Male Population: 27,767 and Female Population: 29,382
- Children Under 6-years of age: 6999 (Boys - 3,512 and Girls - 3,487)
- Total Literates: 25,805.
Villages in Papannapet Mandal
1.Ablapur,2.Annaram,3.Arkela,4.Bacharam,5.Cheekode,6.Chitriyal,7.Doulapur,8.Ellapoor,9.Enkepalle,10.Gandharpalle, 11.Kodpaka,12.Kompalle,13.Kothapalle,14.Kurthiwada,15.Lingaipalle,16.Mallampet,17.Minpur,18.Muddapur, 19.Nagsanpalle,20.Namapur,21.Narsingi,22.Papannapet,23.Podchenpalle,24.Ramathirtham,25.Thimmaipalle, 26.Yousufpet, 27.Lakshmi Nagar, 28.Machavaram.
Population in Papannapet Village
- Total Population: 5,419 in 1191 Households.
- Male Population: 2,610 and Female Population: 2,809
- Children Under 6-years of age: 570 (Boys - 276 and Girls - 294)
- Total Literates: 2,877.
There is famous Edupayala Vana Durga Bhavani temple at Nagasanpalli Vby mandal papannapet. The Temple maintenance was under family members of Peddalachannagari's under Nizam's rule and now it is under Endowment of Telangana Govt. Peddalachannagai Durga Reddy was first chairman of the temple Trust board. Edupayala jatara is considered to be the second largest congregation of devotees after the Sammakka-Sarakka Jatara in Telangana region. It has been accorded state festival last year.
- "District Level Mandal wise list of villages in Medak district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- Papannapet mandal demographics at Our Village India.org[dead link]
- Papannapet village demographics at Our Village India.org[dead link]
- Edupayala Jatara 2016
- Edupayala Navarathri fete today at The Hindu.