Groß playing for Brighton & Hove Albion in 2018
|Full name||Pascal Groß|
|Date of birth||15 June 1991|
|Place of birth||Mannheim, Germany|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Brighton & Hove Albion|
|2009–2011||1899 Hoffenheim II||17||(4)|
|2011||Karlsruher SC II||11||(1)|
|2012–2017||FC Ingolstadt 04||158||(17)|
|2013||FC Ingolstadt 04 II||1||(0)|
|2017–||Brighton & Hove Albion||42||(8)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:42, 3 September 2018 (UTC)|
Pascal Groß (German pronunciation: [pasˈkaːl ˈɡʁoːs], sometimes rendered in English as Gross; born 15 June 1991) is a German professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Brighton & Hove Albion. Groß is a youth international for Germany.
Groß played his first fully professional match in the Bundesliga for 1899 Hoffenheim on 2 May 2009 in a 0–4 loss against VfL Wolfsburg. being substituted on in the 89th minute for Chinedu Obasi. In January 2011, he transferred to Karlsruher SC along with Hoffenheim teammate Marco Terrazzino.
Groß scored five league goals for FC Ingolstadt in the 2016–17 season as they were relegated from the Bundesliga. He created more chances than any other player in the league that season, a total of 95 chances.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2017)
Brighton & Hove Albion
In May 2017, Brighton & Hove Albion signed Groß for a fee of £3 million. He agreed to a four-year contract while the transfer fee paid to Ingolstadt was the first of a series of record signings for the club that season.
He made his debut for Brighton in the Premier League on 12 August 2017, in a 2–0 home defeat to title favourites Manchester City. On 9 September 2017, Groß made history by scoring Brighton's first ever Premier League goal, adding a second shortly after half time and providing an assist for Tomer Hemed in a 3–1 win at home against West Bromwich Albion. On 15 September, in Brighton's 2–1 league defeat away to AFC Bournemouth, Groß provided the assist for Solly March's opening goal.
Groß's creative exploits for Brighton throughout the month of September earned him a nomination for the Premier League Player of the Month award. He was a key player for Brighton, being directly involved in four of their league goals scored throughout the month.
On 15 October 2017, Groß provided his third assist of the season for Brighton, setting up Anthony Knockaert in a 1–1 league draw at home to Everton. On 20 November, Groß scored for Brighton in a 2–2 home draw against Stoke City. The goal brought his contribution tally up to three goals and five assists throughout the course of the season.
Groß ended a successful season for Brighton with seven goals and eight assists, including heading the winner against Manchester United on 4 May 2018. Amongst many highlights, Groß was voted Brighton's player of the season by an overwhelming majority.
On 6 June 2018, Groß signed a contract extension with Brighton, keeping him at the club until 2022.
- As of 3 September 2018
|1899 Hoffenheim II||2010–11||Regionalliga Süd||17||4||—||—||—||17||4|
|Karlsruher SC II||2010–11||Regionalliga Süd||3||0||—||—||—||3||0|
|Karlsruher SC||2010–11||2. Bundesliga||3||1||0||0||—||—||3||1|
|FC Ingolstadt 04 II||2013–14||Regionalliga Bayern||1||0||—||—||—||1||0|
|FC Ingolstadt 04||2012–13||2. Bundesliga||30||2||1||0||—||—||31||2|
|Brighton & Hove Albion||2017–18||Premier League||38||7||1||0||0||0||—||39||7|
- "Squads for 2017/18 Premier League confirmed". Premier League. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Pascal Gross". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- "Pascal Groß: Overview". Premier League. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "Pascal Groß Personenprofil :: DFB – Deutscher Fußball-Bund e.V." datencenter.dfb.de.
- "13-Minuten-Hattrick von Dzeko". kicker.de. 2 May 2009. Retrieved 3 May 2009.
- "KSC verpflichtet zwei U20-Nationalspieler: Terrazzino und Groß wechseln in den Wildpark" [KSC signs two U20 Internationals: Terrazzino and Groß are transferring to the Wildpark]. official website (in German). Karlsruher SC. 28 January 2011. Archived from the original on 31 January 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2011.
- "Brighton sign Pascal Groß". Goal.com. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Pascal Gross: Brighton & Hove Albion sign FC Ingolstadt 04 midfielder". BBC Sport. 19 May 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- Hall, Pete (22 September 2017). "Brighton's under the radar signing Gross proving his worth". Reuters.
- Lawless, Josh (7 August 2017). "Brighton Have Broken Their Transfer Record Yet Again". Sport Bible.
- "Brighton & Hove Albion 0–2 Manchester City". BBC Sport. 12 August 2017.
- "Premier League ruft! Gross verlässt FCI". kicker Online (in German). 19 May 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "Brighton & Hove Albion 3–1 West Bromwich Albion". BBC Sport. 9 September 2017. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "AFC Bournemouth 2–1 Brighton & Hove Albion". BBC Sport. 15 September 2017.
- "Premier League player of the month contender Pascal Gross urges Brighton and Hove Albion to be more confident". The Argus. 7 October 2017.
- "Brighton & Hove Albion 1–1 Everton". BBC Sport. 15 October 2017.
- "Brighton 2–2 Stoke". BBC Sport. 20 November 2017.
- "Brighton & Hove Albion 1–0 Manchester United". BBC Sport. 2018-05-04. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "Bargain buy Gross named Albion's Player of the Season". The Argus. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "New deal for midfielder". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. 6 June 2018. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Pascal Groß at Soccerway. Retrieved 8 June 2018.