Paul Ryan (musician and agent)
His first foray into the music industry was as the original guitarist for Cradle of Filth, along with his brother Benjamin Ryan, and school friend Daniel Davey. Ryan played with Cradle of Filth from its inception until they signed to Cacophonous Records in 1993.
After the recording of The Principle of Evil Made Flesh, Paul and Benjamin Ryan plus fellow guitarist Paul Allender left Cradle of Filth and would eventually form The Blood Divine in 1995. The Blood Divine recorded two albums and toured extensively for the next three years, until the band split in 1998.
Paul Ryan continued working as a musician until his career as a concert promoter took off, and he was offered a job with The Mean Fiddler Group. After two years with the Mean Fiddler he was approached by The Agency, and switched from concert promoter to booking agent.
Ryan is currently still working for The Agency, and represents both heavy metal veterans (such as Ace Frehley (KISS), Biohazard and Cannibal Corpse) and many bands from the contemporary heavy metal scene (such as Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, Lamb of God, and Rise to Remain).
- Ace Frehley, The Agency Group, 14,12,2009 http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.aspx?ArtistID=5587
- Cannibal Corpse, The Agency Group, 14 December 2009 http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.aspx?ArtistID=2924
- Trivium, The Agency Group, 14 December 2009 http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.aspx?ArtistID=2754
- Lamb Of God, The Agency Group 14 December 2009 http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.aspx?ArtistID=1490
- Rise To Remain, The Agency Group 2010 http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.aspx?ArtistID=5421