October 26, 1975 |
Jackson, Michigan, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||John Krueger (m. 2000)|
Paula Faris (born October 26, 1975) is an American television correspondent for ABC News. Until January 22, 2013, Faris co-anchored the news programs World News Now and America This Morning on ABC with Rob Nelson. On July 18, 2014, Faris was promoted to co-anchor of Good Morning America Weekend. Starting with season 19, Faris has become a permanent co-host of The View.
Early life and education
Faris was born and raised in Jackson, Michigan, where she attended Jackson Christian School. She is a 1997 graduate of Cedarville University with a degree in broadcasting with an emphasis in television production.
After graduation, Faris held several communications-related jobs including an operations position at Mills/James Productions in Columbus, Ohio. She held a job in radio sales, due to limited television opportunities. She eventually found work for a year as a production assistant at WKEF/WRGT and later to occasionally report and anchor. From 2002 to 2005 she was the weekend sports anchor and weekday sports anchor at WCPO-TV in Cincinnati.
After her contract expired, she became a sports reporter and anchor at the NBC affiliate WMAQ-TV in Chicago from November 2005 to December 2011.  Faris then moved to ABC and debuted on ABC's World News Now and America This Morning on January 2, 2012. During this time she occasionally appeared as a fill-in on Good Morning America and was on assignment. Faris was later promoted to a New York based correspondent for all ABC News programs. Her final episode of World News Now and America This Morning was January 22, 2013. Paula filled in for David Muir on ABC World News on Sunday, February 24, 2013.
On August 25, 2015, ABC announced Faris would join The View as a co-host for season 19. On August 3, 2016, it was announced that they have renewed Faris's contract for its twentieth season. She was also renewed as co-host for Season 21. Starting midway of season 20, Faris normally appears on the show only on Fridays.
Faris is of half Lebanese descent, her paternal grandfather was born in Lebanon. Faris met her husband, John Krueger, while at Cedarville University. They married in 2000 and have three children, Caroline Grace (b. 2007), JJ (b. 2009), and Landon (b. January 2014).
Faris has stated she is politically independent.
Awards and nominations
|2016||Daytime Emmy Award||Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host
(shared with Joy Behar, Candace Cameron Bure, Michelle Collins, Whoopi Goldberg, Rosie Perez, Raven-Symoné, and Nicolle Wallace)
|2017||Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host
(shared with Joy Behar, Jedediah Bila, Candace Cameron Bure, Whoopi Goldberg, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, and Raven-Symoné)
|2018||Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host
(shared with Joy Behar, Jedediah Bila, Whoopi Goldberg, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, and Meghan McCain)
- "1997 Cedarville University Yearbook pg. 80". Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Facebook: Paula Faris". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "ABC News Announces "World News Now" and "America This Morning" Co-Anchor Paula Faris". Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "1997 Cedarville University Yearbook pg. 15". Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "On the Fast Track in Sports Broadcasting | Public Relations | Cedarville University, a Christian College". Cedarville.edu. 2007-04-16. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- Kiesewetter, John (September 17, 2010). "Paula Faris Remembers Her Ohio TV Boss". Cincinnati.com. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "Sports to news: ABC anchor job luring Faris to New York". Time Out Chicago. 2011-10-27. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- 09/17/10 at 11:35am by John Kiesewetter Comments (2010-09-17). "Paula Faris Remembers Her Ohio TV Boss | TV and Media Blog". Cincinnati.com. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- Courtesy. "Jackson native Paula Faris does final "World News Now" broadcast". MLive.com. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- "ABC News Announces New Assignments for Paula Faris, Diana Perez, Marci Gonzalez and Linzie Janis – ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- Moraes, Lisa de (3 August 2016). "Sara Haines New 'The View' Co-Host, Jedediah Bila Joins Sunny Hostin As Guest Hosts, Whoopi Goldberg Back As Den Mom". Retrieved 25 December 2016.
- Melas, Chloe (3 August 2016). "Whoopi Goldberg: I didn't get Paula Faris fired from The View". Retrieved 25 December 2016.
- "Paula Faris on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Knox, Merrill (22 December 2011). "Paula Faris To Join ABC As 'World News Now' Anchor". TV Newser. Media Bistro. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Paula Faris Biography". Good Morning America. ABC News. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- Kiesewetter, John (December 22, 2011). "Paula Faris Joins ABC News". Cincinnati.com. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "ABC News's Paula Faris Talks Openly about Her Faith".
- Staff, Variety (March 24, 2016). "'Young & Restless' Leads Daytime Emmy Noms But Ceremony Won't Be on TV". Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Evans, Greg (March 22, 2017). "2017 Daytime Emmy Nominations: CBS Leads Networks With 70 Noms, 'Young & Restless' Tops With 25". Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Montgomery, Daniel (March 21, 2018). "2018 Daytime Emmy nominations: Full list of nominees for 45th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards". Retrieved March 22, 2018.
|The View co-host (Seat #2)
(previously shared with Candace Cameron Bure;
currently shared with Sunny Hostin)