North American PC box art
|Publisher(s)||PopCap Games |
|Engine||PopCap Games Framework|
|Platform(s)||Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 (PlayStation Network)|
Peggle Nights is a Windows, Mac OS X and Microsoft Xbox Live Arcade downloadable game from PopCap Games. It is the sequel to 2007's Peggle. It is also unlockable in Peggle: Dual Shot for the Nintendo DS. However, in Peggle Dual Shot, Marina is not unlockable. The gameplay between the two games has remained largely unchanged, with each featuring a colorful 2D background filled with different colored "pegs". The objective in each level is to clear all of the orange pegs by hitting them with a ball shot from the top of the screen. New to this version are 60 new levels, 60 additional challenges, the introduction of the new Peggle Master Marina the Electric Squid, and the addition of an "Aced" score for each level. In 2013 PopCap announced a sequel, Peggle 2.
As of January 2010, three expansions have been released: a holiday theme, a spring theme and a pack with fan-art-based levels. All three come with extra adventure levels and challenges. While these extra levels are on the PC and Mac versions of Peggle Nights, they have not been patched into the iOS version of Peggle.
Gameplay for Peggle Nights has remained similar to the original game, although additional types of style shots, such as off the wall,have been added. The primary gameplay addition to Peggle Nights is the new Peggle Master Marina.
Marina is the final Peggle master of Peggle nights, and her power is a high risk, high reward shot. Lightning travels from the first peg touched to the center of the score bucket. The lighting eliminates all pegs in the path, including armored ones. Marina's power is best used late in the game when the score multiplier is highest. Despite being one of the strongest Peggle masters, Marina did not return for Peggle 2 - though Batrina in Peggle Blast has a similar power.
- Faylor, Chris (2009-08-26). "Peggle XBLA Getting 'Nights' Expansion". Shacknews. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- "PopCap Launches Peggle Nights for PC" (Press release). PopCap Games. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- "Bonus Levels". PopCap Games. Archived from the original on 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2009-05-25.
- Gamespy Article
- "Peggle Nights comes to the iPhone as in-app purchase". Gamezebo. 2010-10-04. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- Sketchie00 (2010-08-13), Let's Play Peggle Nights - Marina 11-1, retrieved 2017-10-17
- Peggle Nights at PopCap Games