This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In his youth he studied at the Theatre Academy of Finland and was a disciple of Finland's best known clairvoyant, Aino Kassinen. In the 1970s he became a neo-Nazi and founded several organizations. He saw himself as the leader of the Finnish Nazi movement but got at most a few dozen supporters. Siitoin also wrote books about politics and occultism.
In 1977 Siitoin was convicted of inciting the arson of the printing house Kursiivi which printed the Communist newspaper Tiedonantaja and founding an organisation forbidden in the 1947 Paris Peace Treaty. He was sentenced to five years and seven months in prison. Siitoin had earlier been fined, while convicted of cruelty to animals and vandalism against the synagogue in Turku. On November 4, 1977 the Finnish Ministry of the Interior closed down four of the organisations he had founded, as neo-Fascist and forbidden by the 1947 Paris Peace Treaty.
A documentary film called Sieg Heil Suomi has been made about the Neo-Nazi activities led by Siitoin and Väinö Kuisma.
Siitoin died of cancer.
- "Pekka Siitoin Was the New Face of Neo-Fascism in Finland [in Finnish]". Finnish Broadcasting Company. 4 May 2015. Archived from the original on 1 January 1970. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "The Leader of Finnish Neo-Nazis Pekka Siitoin Dead [in Finnish]". Ilta-Sanomat. 13 December 2003. Archived from the original on 1 January 1970. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- Musta Magia I, Turun hengentieteellinen seura, 1974 (Black Magic I) ISBN 951-99046-7-0
- Musta Magia II, Turun hengentieteellinen seura, 1975 (Black Magic II) ISBN 951-9360-00-X
- Työväenluokan tulevaisuus, Turun hengentieteellinen seura, 1975 (Future of the Working Class) ISBN 951-95271-3-3
- Paholaisen Katekismus, Kansallis-mytologinen yhdistys, 1977 (Devil's Catechism) ISBN 951-9360-17-4
- Laillinen laittomuus Suomessa, Kansallis-mytologinen yhdistys, 1979 (Legal Illegality in Finland) ISBN 951-9360-23-9
- Rotu-oppi, Kansallis-mytologinen yhdistys, 1983 (The Race Doctrine) ISBN 951-9360-28-X
- Demokratia vaiko Fasismi?, Kansallis-mytologinen yhdistys, 1984 (Democracy or Fascism) ISBN 951-9360-03-4
- Sieg Heil Suomi - documentary film
English ebook on the subject: Pekka Siitoin; Cold War product, Satanist Neo-Nazi Fuehrer of Finland
|This Finnish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|