Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Headquarters||Bloomfield Township, Michigan, U.S.|
|Roger Penske (Chairman)|
Rob Kurnick (President)
|Products||Auto Racing, Truck Leasing, Retail, Logistics|
Number of employees
Penske Corporation // is an American diversified transportation services company based in Bloomfield Township, Oakland County, Michigan. Roger Penske is chairman of the privately held company, and Rob Kurnick is president.
- DAVCO Technology (transportation component manufacturing)
- DJR Team Penske (51% stake) (Australian V8 Supercars team)
- Ilmor Engineering (high performance motorsport engines)
- Penske Automotive Group (PAG:NYSE – a 40+% stake)
- Penske Entertainment Corporation; parent company of:
- IMS, LLC (Operators of the race track)
- IMS Productions, Inc. (Broadcast Television Production Company with Satellite trucks, TV trucks and Audio/Visual Editing facilities)
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway (2.5-mile race track in Speedway, Indiana)
- INDYCAR, LLC (Sanctioning body and parent company of the IndyCar Series)
- Penske Logistics (supply chain management and logistics service)
- Penske Motor Group (retail automotive in California and Texas)
- Premier Truck Group (commercial vehicle dealerships)
- Penske Truck Leasing (joint venture with Penske Corp. and Mitsui & Co., Ltd)
- Penske Truck Rental (truck rental services)
- Team Penske (IndyCar, NASCAR and IMSA team)
- Truck-Lite (transportation component manufacturing)
- Detroit Diesel – A former GM subsidiary, Penske purchased a portion of the company in 1988 and, together with General Motors, spun the company off into a separate company. Sold to DaimlerChrysler AG in 2000.
- Penske Auto Centers – A former subsidiary that had operated auto repair centers within selected Kmart stores from 1995 until 2002.
- VM Motori S.p.A. – 50% was bought in 2003 and the rest in 2007, but a 51% stake was sold to Fiat S.p.A. in February 2011, and the remainder sold to Fiat in 2013.
- "Penske named Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient". IndyCar.com.
- "Penske confirms 2015 V8 Supercar entry". Speedcafe. September 15, 2014.
- Levin, Doron (May 25, 1989). "Penske Wins Big at Detroit Diesel". The New York Times. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- "People: Roger Penske...This Guy Should Run GM". Motor Trend. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- "Penske Corporation Announces Sale of Its Detroit Diesel Stake to DaimlerChrysler". The Auto Channel. July 20, 2000. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- "Kmart Sells Money-Losing Auto Service Business : Divestiture: Roger Penske buys 860 centers for $112 million. Company to focus on retailing". Los Angeles Times. September 26, 1995.
- Buck, Genevieve (September 26, 1995). "Kmart To Sell Automotive-service Chain: Discounter Steers Focus Back To Retail". Chicago Tribune.
- "Penske Auto Centers close for good". United Press International. April 9, 2002.
- Hays, Constance L. (April 9, 2002). "Kmart and Penske Told to End Dispute Over Closing of Auto Centers". New York Times.
- Sutton, Mike (July 16, 2007). "GM, Penske Partner in VM Motori Stake". Ward's. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- Ganz, Andrew (February 15, 2011). "Fiat to split VM Motori with GM after buying Penske's 50% share". LeftlaneNews. Retrieved October 3, 2013.