Philippine Science High School Eastern Visayas Campus
|Philippine Science High School - Eastern Visayas Campus|
|Type||Public Specialized High School|
|Established||July 4, 1994|
|Campus Director||Dr. Reynaldo B. Garnace|
|Grades||7 to 12|
|Enrollment||352 (School Year 2015-2016)|
|Affiliation||Department of Science and Technology|
|Admission||National Competitive Examination|
The creation of the PSHS Eastern Visayas Campus was signed into law on 10 April 1992 through Republic Act 7373 known as An Act Establishing The Eastern Visayas Science High School.
By virtue of Republic Act 8057, the school was officially renamed as a campus of the PSHS System. The school officially started its operations on 4 July 1994.
In 1997, Republic Act 8496 known as An Act To Establish The Philippine Science High School System And Providing Funds Therefor unified all existing PSHS campuses into a single system of governance and management. The school is currently under the supervision of its campus director, Dr. Reynaldo Garnace.
As part of the PSHS System mission, the Eastern Visayas Campus provides scholarships to students with high aptitude in both science and mathematics, "helping the country reach a critical mass of professionals in science and technology".
Its students come from various parts of Eastern Visayas. The students hailing from the provinces of Biliran, Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar, Samar, and Southern Leyte ensure a highly diversified culture on-campus.
In 2016, Hillary Diane Andales, Grade 11 student from the PSHS-EV, has been awarded the "Most Popular Vote" in the Breakthrough Junior Challenge with her video entry about Feynman’s Path Integrals. She won for her school a $100,000 worth of state-of-the-art DNA molecular-biology laboratory.
- "Philippine Science High School Eastern Visayas Campus". Philippine Science High School Eastern Visayas Campus. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- panonad. "Republic Act No. 7373 : REPUBLIC ACTS - PHILIPPINE LAWS STATUTES and CODES - CHANROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY". laws.chanrobles.com. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- "An Act Changing the Name of Eastern Visayas Science High School in Candahug, Palo, Leyte, to Philippine Science High School-Eastern Visayas Campus". THE CORPUS JURIS. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "An Act to Establish the Philippine Science High School System and Providing Funds Therefor". The LAWPHIL Project. Arellano Law Foundation. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Breakthrough Junior Challenge". breakthroughjuniorchallenge.org. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- BusinessMirror. "$100K DNA laboratory to PSHS courtesy of Andales's Breakthrough Challenge win | BusinessMirror". www.businessmirror.com.ph. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Philippine Science High School Eastern Visayas Campus.|
- PSHS Eastern Visayas Campus official website