|Born|| August 25, 1947
Jamaica, Queens, New York
|Alma mater||Marymount College, Tarrytown, NY
Long Island University
State University of New York at Stony Brook
St. John's University, NY
Phyllis Zagano is an American author and academic. In addition to journal articles, she writes a column for the National Catholic Reporter, "Just Catholic". She has also authored several books, with Women & Catholicism: Gender, Communion and Authority receiving a Catholic Press Association Book Award and Holy Saturday: An Argument for the Restoration of the Female Diaconate in the Catholic Church receiving both a Catholic Press Association Book Award and the 2002 Book Award from the College Theology Society.
Voice of the Faithful bestowed on her its Catherine of Siena Distinguished Layperson of the Year Award in 2012. On January 25, 2014, she received the Isaac Hecker Award for Social Justice from The Paulist Center, Boston.
- Ordination of Women to the Diaconate in the Eastern Churches: Essays by Cipriano Vagaggini. (2013)
- Mysticism and the Spiritual Quest: A Crosscultural Anthology.(2013)
- Women in Ministry: Emerging Questions about the Diaconate.(2012)
- 'Women Deacons: Past, Present, Future. (With Gary Macy and William T. Ditewig) (2011) 
- Women & Catholicism: Gender, Communion, and Authority. (2011)
- The Dominican Tradition: Spirituality in History. Co-edited, with an introduction, with Thomas McGonigle, OP. (2006) 
- Called to Serve: A Spirituality for Deacons. (2004)
- Dorothy Day. Edited, with an introduction. (2003)
- Twentieth-Century Apostles: Christian Spirituality in Action]. (1999)
- Things New and Old: Essays on the Theology of Elizabeth A. Johnson. Co-edited, with an introduction, with Terrence W. Tilley. (1999)
- 'The Exercise of the Primacy: Continuing the Dialogue. Co-edited, with an introduction and afterword, with Terrence W. Tilley. (1998)
- Ita Ford: Missionary Martyr. (1996)
- 'On Prayer. (1994, 2001)
- Woman to Woman: An Anthology of Women's Spiritualities Edited, with an introduction. (1993)
- "Phyllis Zagano's Column". National Catholic Reporter Online. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "2012 Catholic Press Association Book Awards" (PDF). Book Award Winners. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "A Woman on the Altar". US Catholic. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Seeking Larger Role for Women in the Church". Newsday. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Press Release For Immediate release". Voice of the Faithful Press Release. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Father Hecker's work continues". Paulist Fathers. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "It's Time to Ordain Women (Again)". Religion Dispatches. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Book Review: The Dominican Tradition". Spiritualwoman.Net. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Dr.Phyllis Zagano". Hofstra U.,. Retrieved 14 August 2012.