Plan 9 (2015 film)
Theatrical film poster
|Directed by||John Johnson|
|Written by||John Johnson|
|Narrated by||Mr. Lobo|
|Music by||Lucas Gibbons|
|Edited by||John Johnson|
|Distributed by||Gravitas Ventures|
Plan 9 is a 2015 independent science fiction-comedy horror film. It serves as a parody, homage, and partial remake of the cult 1959 B-movie Plan 9 from Outer Space; widely considered one of the worst movies of all time. The film stars Brian Krause, Mr. Lobo, Monique Dupree, and Camille Keaton with appearances by Internet personalities Aaron Yonda, Matt Sloan, James Rolfe, and actor Conrad Brooks, who appeared in the original film and was a member of director Ed Wood's regular company of actors. Initially intended to release in 2008, the film was released on DVD and Blu-Ray in Australia and New Zealand in February 2015, and was released on video on demand in North America approximately one year later.
- Brian Krause as Jeff Trent
- Mr. Lobo as Criswell
- Matthew Ewald as Jimmy
- Monique Dupree as Becky
- James Rolfe as Officer Cop Policeman
- Aaron Yonda as Toby
- Matt Sloan as Sammy
- John Johnson as Patrolman Kelton
- Camille Keaton as Grandma
- Conrad Brooks as Jamie
- Addy Miller as Sarah
- Sara Eshleman as Lucy Grimm
- Amy B Donahue as Zombie
Screen Anarchy reviewed the film, stating that "Plan 9 can stand on its own as a cheesy B-movie and it goes down well with friends, beer and pizza in tow, in a double bill with its forefather. For a no-budget amateurish production, the original has earned a place in history that actually merits remakes. Ed Wood would definitely approve." Scream magazine also reviewed Plan 9, writing "PLAN 9 has its moments but they’re few and far between and with an inconsistent pitch and a lacklustre delivery it proves to be a disjointed and uninspiring exploit of a B-movie classic." Dread Central rated the film at 3 1/2 stars, commenting that "There is no point to the existence of Plan 9 other than to make fans of the original Plan 9 from Outer Space smile ear-to-ear in appreciation."
- "An Interview with John Johnson, the Director of the PLAN 9 Remake". SF Signal. 2016-04-19. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Newitz, Annalee. "A Serious, "Very Scary" Remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space". io9. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Plan 9 Makes Its Debut at the Grandin". The Roanoke Star. 2013-09-05. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Underwood, Maggie (2014-05-30). "Director John Johnson remakes and celebrates the "worst movie ever made"". C-VILLE Weekly. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "R.I.P. 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' Star Conrad Brooks - Bloody Disgusting". bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "See The First Footage From Plan 9 From Outer Space Remake". Cinema Blend. 2013-06-06. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Hamman, Cody. "Plan 9 from Outer Space remake to invade VOD in February". JoBlo.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "PLAN 9 - News". plan9movie.com. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Review: PLAN 9, The Spirit Of Ed Wood Is Alive And Well". ScreenAnarchy. 2015-02-15. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Cochrane, Glenn (2015-04-24). "PLAN 9: Film Review". Scream Magazine. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Molgaard, Matt (March 3, 2016). "Plan 9 (2016)". Dread Central. Retrieved 2018-01-31.