|File:Ponyo first image.jpg|
The first image of the film released by Studio Ghibli, shown on the Japanese news program NNN News Realtime .
|Directed by||Hayao Miyazaki|
|Produced by||Toshio Suzuki|
|Written by||Hayao Miyazaki|
|Music by||Joe Hisaishi|
Ponyo on a Cliff (崖の上のポニョ Gake no Ue no Ponyo) is an animated film by the Japanese anime studio Studio Ghibli, to be written and directed by famed anime filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki. It will be Miyazaki's ninth film to be made under Ghibli. The plot centers on a goldfish princess named Ponyo who desperately wants to be a human. In pursuing her goal, she befriends a five-year-old human boy, Sōsuke.
Work began on the film in 2006. The film will have an animation style heavily based on watercolors, a first for Miyazaki's films. This is the second Studio Ghibli film to feature a watercolor, handpainted look (My Neighbors the Yamadas being the first). It is scheduled to be released across theatres in Japan in summer 2008 by Toho.
Sōsuke is based on Hayao's son Goro Miyazaki when he was five. HM Queen Silvia of Sweden was granted a sneak preview of the film together with director Hayao Miyazaki during the King and Queen's state visit to Japan on 3 March 2007. The preview was shown in a marquee erected on a cliff outside Tokyo.
- Original story, screenplay written and directed by: Hayao Miyazaki
- Music by Joe Hisaishi
- Supervising animation directors: Katsuya Kondō, Kitarō Kōsaka
- Art director: Noboru Yoshida
- Chief color designer: Michiyo Yasuda
- Producer: Toshio Suzuki
- Production: Studio Ghibli
- Japan distributor: Toho
- North American distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
- Produced by: Tokuma Shoten, Studio Ghibli, Nippon Television Network, Dentsu, Walt Disney Pictures, D-rights, Mitsushi and Toho
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|