Portal:Czech Republic/Current events
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 29 January 2014 - A new coalition government is sworn in, led by Bohuslav Sobotka and consisting of the Social Democrats, the liberalist ANO 2011 and the Christian Democrats.
- 31 May 2014 – Sparta Prague win the 2013–14 Czech First League with a record 79 points.
- 6 July 2014 – Petra Kvitová wins The Wimbledon Championships for the second time in her career.
- 8 July 2014 – Four Czech soldiers are killed during a suicide attack near Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.
- 20 September 2014 – Army general Petr Pavel was appointed as Chairman of the NATO Military Committee
- 10 – 11 October 2014 – Senate and municipal elections and local referendums were held in Czech Republic.
- 16 October 2014 – Two people were killed in the ammunition depot explosion near Vlachovice, Zlín Region.
- 28 October 2014 – Czech president Miloš Zeman awarded Nicholas Winton and Winston Churchill (in memoriam) by the Order of the White Lion, the highest honour of the Czech Republic.
- 17 November 2014 – Dominik Hašek entered the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.
- 26 January 2013 - Miloš Zeman becomes the new President of the Czech Republic elected in the first direct presidential election.
- 16 June 2013 - In response to the extensive police intervention prime minister Petr Nečas announces his resignation.
- 26 October 2013 - The results of an early legislative election are the Czech Social Democratic Party (50 seats), the Action of Dissatisfied Citizens (47 seats), the Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia (33 seats), the TOP 09 (26 seats), Civil Democratic Party (16 seats), Dawn of Direct Democracy (14 seats) and Christian and Democratic Union – Czechoslovak People's Party (14 seats).
- 21 April - The anti-austerity demonstration led by trade Unions is attended by about one hundred thousand people, calling for a stop to the pension system reform and the resignation of the government.