A processor array is like a storage array but contains and manages processing elements instead of storage elements.
The processor array should have the following characteristics:
- Should support forty or more processing elements (blades) per chassis
- The chassis should support the use of commodity motherboards
- The chassis should only backplane power and management capabilities to extend the life of the chassis and reduce chassis change costs
- Will provide end to end redundant power
- Each processing element should support two or more redundant virtualized I/O connections