Heaven and Earth (ProjeKct X album)
|Heaven and Earth|
|Studio album by ProjeKct X|
|Recorded||2000 during the rehearsals and recording of The ConstruKction of Light by King Crimson at StudioBelew. Additional recording at: Ade's Garage, Pat's Garage, and The Apartment.|
|Producer||Pat Mastelotto, Bill Munyon|
In 2000, while the band King Crimson recorded their album The ConstruKction of Light, the four members of this line-up also recorded the album Heaven and Earth as ProjeKct X. The line-up consisted of Robert Fripp on Guitar, Adrian Belew on Guitar and V-Drums, Trey Gunn on Warr Guitar, and Pat Mastelotto on traps and "buttons" (electronic percussion and loops).
This continued the tradition of ProjeKcts One, Two, Three, and Four (sub-groups into which King Crimson 'fraKctalised' from 1997 to 1999). Heaven and Earth is an album by ProjeKct X released in 2000 on the Pony Canyon label as a Japanese exclusive release. The title track later appeared as the last track on The ConstruKction of Light.
- "The Business of Pleasure" – 2:45
- "Hat in the Middle" – 3:44
- "Side Window" – 3:09
- "Maximizer" – 6:31
- "Strange Ears (aging rapidly)" – 9:39
- "Overhead Floor Mats Under Toe" – 5:47
- "Six O’Clock" – 4:10
- "Superbottomfeeder" – 8:08
- "One E And" – 3:08
- "Two Awkward Moments" – 1:11
- "Demolition" – 7:08
- "Conversation Pit" – 2:11
- "Cin Alayı" – 1:58
- "Heaven and Earth" – 8:19
- "Belew Jay Way" – 5:02
- All titles written by: Adrian Belew, Robert Fripp, Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto
- Adrian Belew — Guitar and additional 'V Drumming' on Side Window
- Robert Fripp — Guitar and Soundscapes
- Trey Gunn — Bass Touch Guitar and Baritone Guitar
- Pat Mastelotto — Traps and Buttons
- Conversations, InstruKctions and wordgames by ProjeKct X
- Recorded during the rehearsals and recording of The ConstruKction of Light by King Crimson at StudioBelew.
- Additional recording at: Ade's Garage, Pat's Garage, and The Apartment.
- Recorded by: Ken Latchney and Bill Munyon
- Digital engineering and arranging by Bill Munyon
- Produced and mixed by: Pat Mastelotto and Bill Munyon
- Mixed at: Blue World, Ade's Garage, and Pat's Garage
- Mastered by: Alex R Mundy and Robert Fripp at DGM HQ
- Art direction by: Ioannis for Vivid Images Worldwide, LLC, Design by: Alan Chappell for Vivid Images Worldwide
- Digital art by Ioannis
- Video Images & Photographs by Trey Gunn
- Hayes, Kelvin. "Heaven and Earth - Projekct X | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- The pronunciation, "Project Ex" (as in the letter) or "Project Ten" (as in the Roman numeral), has not been established yet with a verifiable reference.