Rafael Orozco, el ídolo
|Rafael Orozco, el ídolo|
|Story by||Diva Jessurum|
|Creative director(s)||Gŭarnizo and Lizaralde|
|Theme music composer||Rafael Orozco Maestre|
|Opening theme||"Solo para ti" performed by Alejandro Palacio|
|Country of origin||Colombia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||90|
|Executive producer(s)||Asier Aguilar Amuchastegui|
|Original network||Caracol Televisión|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||November 20, 2012 –|
April 1, 2013
|Preceded by||Pablo Escobar, The Drug Lord|
|Followed by||La hipocondríaca|
Rafael Orozco, el ídolo is a Colombian biographical telenovela produced by Asier Aguilar Amuchastegui for Caracol Televisión. Based on the life of the Colombian singer of vallenato Rafael Orozco Maestre. It stars Alejandro Palacio as the titular character. The series follows the life of Rafael Orozco Maestre in his romantic moments and why he was killed.
"Rafa", as they called it in confidence, was destined to be of those people who never forget. From a very young age he had a special talent for vallenata music, but also possessed a charm that made him irresistible to women. But Clara Cabello was different from all the others, so, from the first day she met her, she was spellbound with her smile, her words and her gaze. And although many were going to stand in the way to conquer his heart, he knew that love would make his songs immortal, so he had no doubt that she would be forever at his side on his way to success.
But on the night of June 11, 1992, her romantic voice was silenced forever. Nine bullets were needed to end the life of that man who thrilled the world through his unforgettable songs. Why did they kill him? Who killed him? This is the question that everyone is asked.
- Alejandro Palacio as Rafael Orozco Maestre
- Taliana Vargas as Clara Cabello de Orozco
- Maritza Rodríguez as Martha Mónica Camargo
- Mario Espitia as Ernesto "Teto" Tello
- Ángela Vergara as Mariela de Cabello
- Alberto Pujol as Jacinto Cabello
- Myriam de Lourdes as Cristina Maestre de Orozco
- Rafael Camerano as Rafael Orozco Fernández
- Gabriela Ávila as Betty Cabello
- Martín Armenta as Jeremías Orozco
- Camila Zárate as Luisa
- Peter Cárdenas as Misael Orozco
- María Teresa Carrasco as Myriam Cabello
- Freddy Flórez as Hernán Murgas
- Rafael Santos as Dionisio Maestre
- Víctor Navarro as Luciano Poveda
- Aco Pérez as Virgilio Barrera
- Gabriel Andrés Villa as Israel Romero
- Eibar Gutiérrez as Egidio Oviedo
- Luis Fernando Bohórquez as Álvaro Arango
- Laura Londoño as Silvia Duque
- Jairo Camargo as Dr. Duque
- Juan Pablo Posada as Alberto Santamaría
- José Sedek as Roberto Mancini
- "Presentación de la novela Rafael Orozco, el ídolo". nacion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- Orellano, José. "'Rafael Orozco, el ídolo': una 'ficción' de TV con 'derecho' a torcer lo derecho". zonacero.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- Rojas, Jessica. "Alejandro Palacio revive la voz del ídolo". nacion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "¿Quién y por qué mataron a Rafael Orozco?". caracol.com.co (in Spanish). Retrieved 26 May 2017.