Rail transport in Mali
Mali has only one railway, the Dakar-Niger Railway, which includes 729 kilometers in Mali and runs from the port of Koulikoro via Bamako to the border with Senegal and continues on to Dakar. The track gauge is 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in).
As of 2013 passenger services in Mali were only being offered three days between Bamako and Keyes via Kati and Diamou.
- Algeria - no - potential break of gauge 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in)/1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)
- Niger - no railways
- Burkina Faso - no - same gauge 1,000 mm
- Côte d'Ivoire - no - same gauge 1,000 mm
- Guinea - no - same gauge 1,000 mm also 1,435 mm
- Senegal - yes - same gauge 1,000 mm
- Mauritania - no - break of gauge 1,000 mm/1,435 mm
- Mali, Seat 61, http://www.seat61.com/Senegal.htm#.U2JXgMfEc7A
|This Africa rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|