This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||181 m (594 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||MH 34|
According to the 2001 Indian census, Rajura had a population of 28,881 (52 percent male, 48 percent female). Children under age six constitute about 15 percent of the population. Rajura's average literacy rate of 72 percent (77 percent of males, 67 percent of females) exceeds the national average of 59.5 percent. Nearby towns include Ballarpur, Gadchandur, Nanda and Korpana.
Places of interest
A number of temples are in and near Rajura. They include the Hanuman temple near the lake in Jogapur, about 10 km (6.2 mi) from Rajura, and the Shri Saibaba temple (Chota Shirdi) on the Wardha River. The Somnath Mandir temple is in Somanathapur region.
Main Commercial Areas: Shivaji Chowk, Gandhi Chowk, Colonel Chowk and Nehru Chowk.
You can also find the house of renowned HSE Engineer Sonal Manusmare near Naka No. 3
Accommodation: Hotels are few but readily available.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Rajura
- Prabha Shastri Ranade. Population Dynamics in India. South Asia Books, 1990, p. 37.
-  DistancesTo.com - Rajura]
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Census of India 2001, Table - 3 : Population, population in the age group 0-6 and literates by sex - Cities/Towns (in alphabetic order): 2001 and Census of India 2001, Table - 1: Population, population in the age group 0-6 and literates by sex - India and States/Union Territories: 2001