|Look up RAMBO, Rambo, rambo, bo, or ramn in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rambo is a surname with Norwegian (Vestfold) and Swedish origins. It possibly originated with ramn + bo, meaning "raven's nest". It has variants in French (Rambeau and Rimbaud) and German (Rambow). It is now best known from the Rambo franchise, whose protagonist was known simply as "Rambo" in the novel that inspired it First Blood (1972), then as John Rambo in the film series.
Rambo may also refer to:
Arts, entertainment, and media
- John Rambo, main character from the Rambo (franchise), based on the novel First Blood by David Morrell
- Rambo (franchise), starring Sylvester Stallone, commonly named after the main character
- Rambo: The Force of Freedom, a 1986 animated series
- First Blood (novel), written by David Morrell, 1972
- Rambo: First Blood Part II (novelization), by David Morrell, 1985
- Rambo III (novelization), by David Morrell, 1988
- Rambo – Action RPG based on Rambo: First Blood Part II. Developed by Pack-In-Video for the MSX
- Rambo: First Blood Part II – Based on Rambo: First Blood Part II. Released in 1986 for Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Commodore 64, DOS, Master System and ZX Spectrum
- Super Rambo Special – Based on Rambo: First Blood Part II. Released in 1986 for MSX2
- Rambo – Side-scrolling platformer based on Rambo: First Blood Part II. Released in 1987 for the NES
- Rambo III – Based on Rambo III. Various games released in 1988 for Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Arcades, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, MSX, Master System, Sega Genesis, and ZX Spectrum
- Rambo III - Based on Rambo III. Released in 1989 for the Sega
- Rambo On Fire – Based on Rambo franchise. Released in 2005 for mobile phones
- Rambo Forever – Based on Rambo franchise. Released in 2008 for mobile phones
- Rambo – Based on Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III. Released in 2008 for Sega 2-player light gun game
- Rambo: The Video Game – Based on First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III. Released in 2014 for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3
- Rambo: The Mobile Game – Based on First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III. Released in 2015 for iOS devices
Collectible card game
Other arts, entertainment, and media
- Syndicate Sadists, an Poliziotteschi film that references First Blood.
- The Intruder, an Indonesian action film based on Rambo franchise.
- Hot Shots! Part Deux a parody of Rambo: First Blood: Part II and Rambo III with Colonel role reprised by Richard Crenna.
- Son of Rambow, a comedy film includes excerpts from First Blood.
- Rambo, an Kannada comedy film that references Rambo franchise.
- Second Blood, an Kuwaiti action film based on Rambo franchise.
- Hunter, a novel which Rambo: Last Blood was originally to be loosely based on before changes.
- Rambo, a hardcore punk band.
- Guest House, John Rambo character from Rambo franchise.
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, a game play as John Rambo an unlockable character.
- Broforce, a game play as John Rambo an unlockable character.
- Afzal Khan (actor) (born 1966), Pakistani actor also known as "John Rambo"
- Luc Poirier (born 1961), professional wrestler whose professional name is "Rambo"
- Trond Henriksen (born 1964), Norwegian football manager nicknamed "Rambo"
- Niko Eeckhout (born 1970), Belgian cyclist whose nickname is "Rambo"
- Rambo Amadeus (born 1963), Serbian-Montenegrin rock musician
- Julio César de León (born 1979), Honduran Soccer player nicknamed "Rambo"
- Alan McInally (born 1963), Scottish former soccer player and male model nicknamed "Rambo"
- Jorge Otero Barreto (born 1937), known as "the Puerto Rican Rambo"
- John "Rambo" Arias, one of the hip hop trio 1 Life 2 Live
- Ronald "Rambo" Kim, American Counter-Strike player
- Dejan Petković (born 1972), Serbian football player nicknamed "Rambo"
- Aaron Ramsey, Welsh Arsenal football player nicknamed "Rambo"
- Ramush Haradinaj (born 1968), Kosovar politician
- Peter Gunnarsson Rambo (1612–1698), 17th-century settler in North America, introducer of the Rambo apple
- John Rambo (politician) (1661–1741), 17th-18th-century American politician, son of Peter Gunnarsson Rambo
- Victor Clough Rambo (1894–1987), American physician
- Bacarri Rambo (born 1990), American Football Player for the Buffalo Bills
- The Rambos, an American Southern gospel music group
- Cat Rambo (born 1963), science-fiction and fantasy author and editor
- Dack Rambo (1941–1994), 20th-century American actor
- David Rambo (born 1955), writer, actor and producer
- John Rambo (athlete) (born 1943), American high jumper
- Ken-Yon Rambo (born 1978), American gridiron football player
- Rambo, a village in Vindeln Municipality, Sweden
- Rambo, a hill in Åtvidaberg Municipality, Sweden
- Rambo, a town in Yatenga Province, Burkina Faso
- Rambo Department, Burkina Faso
- Bridge Plaza, Brooklyn, a neighborhood in New York City, U.S., sometimes nicknamed "RAMBO" (for "Right Around the Manhattan Bridge Overpass")
- Icarus F99 Rambo, a Romanian ultralight aircraft
- Rambo apple, a fruit variety named for Peter Gunnarsson Rambo
- Robust associations of massive baryonic objects (RAMBO), a theoretical construct in astrophysics
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rambo.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.