List of Ravians
(Redirected from Ravians)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Alumni of the Government College University, Lahore are called Ravians. Following is list of notable Ravians.
- Lord Malhi - Quaid-e-Azam's close aide and one of Pakistan's founding fathers. Former Minister of Education, Law & Parliamentary Affairs
- Nawaz Sharif - Ex Prime Minister of Pakistan 
- Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali - former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Yousaf Raza Gillani - former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Moeen Qureshi – former interim Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Muhammad Zafarullah Khan – first Foreign Minister of Pakistan; President of United; Nations General Assembly; President of International Court of Justice
- Swaran Singh, the longest-serving Indian federal minister
- Aitzaz Ahsan – barrister;Former Federal Minister of Interior, Law & Justice; President of Supreme Court Bar Association
- Aseff Ahmad Ali – Former Minister of Foreign Affairs and current Deputy Chairman Planning Commission
- Dr. Ghulam Hussain – former Federal Minister for Railways and Secretary-General of Pakistan People's Party
- Khurshid Mahmood Kasuri – former Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Hanif Ramay – intellectual, journalist; former Governor and Chief Minister of Punjab
- Malik Zahoor Ahmad – diplomat, Middle East/South Asia expert, political analyst
- Mirza Muzaffar Ahmad – former Secretary of Commerce and Finance; Deputy Director Planning Commission of Pakistan; former Finance Minister Pakistan
- Musa Javed Chohan – diplomat, former ambassador to France, Malaysia
- Javid Husain - diplomat, former ambassador of Pakistan to Iran, South Korea, and the Netherlands
- Abdus Salim Khan - senior Pakistani diplomat and former ambassador of Pakistan to Ceylon (now Sri Lanka), Japan and Deputy High Commissioner to the United Kingdom.
- Kershasp Tehmurasp Satarawala - diplomat, former Indian Ambassador to Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador
Armed Forces officers
- Lieutenant General Hamid Gul – retired, Pakistani Army
- General Shamim Alam Khan, NI(M), SJ, SBt
- General Raheel Sharif - former Chief of Army Staff
- Air Chief Marshal Mushaf Ali Mir - Former Chief of Air Staff
- Major Shabbir Sharif, NH, SJ - Recipient of sword of honour and only person to receive both Sitara-e-Jurrat & Nishan-e-Haider
- General Zubair Mahmood Hayat - Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee
- Dr. Ishfaq Ahmad - nuclear physicist; chairman of PAEC, 1991-2001
- Dr. Mujaddid Ahmad Ijaz - researcher in theoretical physics with PAEC; his son Mansoor Ijaz was involved in the memogate controversy
- Munir Ahmad Khan - Chairman of PAEC, 1972-1991; IAEA staff member, 1958–72; Chairman of IAEA Board of Governors, 1986–87
- Dr. Samar Mubarakmand - experimental nuclear physicist and missile engineer
- Dr. Har Gobind Khorana - Nobel Prize in Medicine;
- Dr. Abdus Salam - Nobel Laureate in theoretical physics; astrophysicist
- Faiz Ahmed Faiz
- Muhammad Iqbal – Pakistan's national poet
- Noon Meem Rashid - poet
- Sufi Ghulam Mustafa Tabassum – poet
- Vasay Chaudhry - Film, Drama writer, Actor
- Mustansar Hussain Tarar
- Ashfaq Ahmed – Urdu writer, playwright, broadcaster and intellectual
- Mirza Athar Baig - novelist, playwright, philosopher and short story writer
- Patras Bokhari – Urdu writer; first Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations (1951–54); former Under-Secretary General of United
- Bano Qudsia – novelist
- Qudrat Ullah Shahab – Urdu writer and civil servant
- Wasif Ali Wasif Poet and Intellectual
- Khushwant Singh - Indian Novelist
- Amir Mir - investigative journalist
- Hamid Mir – journalist, political analyst and TV anchor
- Wakas Mir - radio host
- Ahmed Rashid – UK-based journalist, analyst and writer
- Junaid Saleem - Senior Journalist and Anchor of the show Hasb-e-Haal.
- Mansoor Ali Khan - Anchorperson To the Point
- Najam Sethi - News Analyst
- Iqrar Ul Hassan - Hosts Sar e Aam at ARY News
- Javid Iqbal – scholar; former Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court; Judge of Supreme Court; son of Dr. Sir Muhammad Iqbal
- M. R. Kayani – former Chief Justice of Lahore High Court
- Makhdoom Ali Khan - barrister, former Attorney General of Pakistan
- Nasim Hasan Shah - former Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Mian Saqib Nisar - Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Asif Saeed Khan Khosa Justice, Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan – singer
- Mustafa Zahid - pop singer and vocalist of the band Roxen
- Hadiqa Kiani - singer
- Ali Zafar - pop singer
- Allama Iqbal – poet, philosopher, politician, lawyer, architect of the idea of Pakistan
- Mirza Athar Baig – novelist, playwright and philosopher
- Muhammad Ajmal – founder of psychology in Pakistan, former Principal of Government College and Vice Chancellor of the University of the Punjab
- Javed Ashraf – economist, academician and Vice Chancellor of Quaid-e-Azam University
- Tariq Jameel Islamic Scholar and Preacher
- Javed Ahmad Ghamidi Islamic Modernist Scholar
- Malik Ram - Urdu, Arabic and Persian Scholar and Writer
- Ishfaq Ahmad - Well-known for research in computer science
- Chetan Anand – producer and director from India; elder brother of Dev and Vijay Anand
- Sarvadaman Chowla – Indian-American mathematician
- Prakash Tandon – Indian businessman
- "Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif". The Story of Pakistan. Enterprise Team. June 1, 2003. Archived from the original on March 19, 2012. Retrieved July 20, 2011.
- Maulana Dost Muhammad Shahid Sahib. "Brief Life Sketch of Chaudhry Sir Muhammad Zafarullah Khan". Al Islam. Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- "Profile: Lt General Raheel Sharif". Dawn. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- Fraser, Gordon (2008). Cosmic anger: Abdus Salam - the first Muslim Nobel scientist. United Kingdom: Oxford University Press. pp. 78–80. ISBN 978-0-19-920846-3.
- Dewar, Ramesh (2006). "Dev Anand". Bollywood:Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow. Star Publications. p. 2013.
- "Poets". Encyclopedia of Pakistan. Overseas Pakistanis Foundation. December 2006. Archived from the original on September 22, 2008. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- "Iqbal's Profile". Allamaiqbal.com. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Ashfaq Ahmed". Ibitians.com. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Justice (R) Dr. Javed Iqbal". Senator biographies. Pakistan Senate. 2004. Archived from the original on February 27, 2012. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- ""I am an outsider, standing on the edge, trying to watch and enjoy the show" - TNS - The News on Sunday". TNS - The News on Sunday. 2014-06-01. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- ".:.GC University Lahore". www.gcu.edu.pk. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- ".:.GC University, Lahore". www.gcu.edu.pk. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "University of the Punjab - Former Vice Chancellors". pu.edu.pk. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- Ayoub, Raymond G.; James G. Huard; Kenneth S. Williams (May 1998). "Sarvadaman Chowla (1907-1995)" (PDF). Notices of the American Mathematical Society. Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society. 45 (5): 594–598. ISSN 0002-9920. OCLC 1480366. Retrieved July 23, 2011.